“Amazing and beautiful birthday celebrations”
Review of The Picnic Boat

The Picnic Boat
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had no qualms about booking The Picnic Boat - all the reviews and recommendations were highly complementary. I booked for my 49 + 1 birthday - a vintage tea treat with the girls.

As it happens the day of the event - the weather was atrocious - I was given the opportunity to re-book - not possible to complicated with friends. So we agreed a picnic on the boat- and if the weather was not too weathery - then a trip up to Dittisham.

As it was the weather was pretty awful - but we were all cosied up with heaters and the clear covers so you could still see the lovely view of the river Dart. Kevin steered a fantastic trip up the river, that was calm and beautiful. He was a perfect host- charming and attentive without being intrusive. The vintage high tea with pink fizz was a delight and very generous. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - gossiping, putting the world to rights and generally just having a jolly time.

I would absolutely book and recommend this treat again - which would suit all sorts of events - and can be varied to suit the celebration.

Top afternoon - thank you

"home made granola"
"fresh bread"
"complete surprise"

Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a great way to explore the river Dart. Kevin our host provided a superb lunch with local fish and cheeses. The wine list gives a good variety of choice and is good value. Our party consisted of 6 people so we had a lot of space to move around. I would recommend this trip to anyone.

1  Thank Jonny S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I treated my Dad and the family to an unforgettable trip on the Picnic Boat in Dartmouth in May 2013. The beautiful weather helped make it an absolutely memorable experience, as did Kevin's perfect hosting skills - he was happy to divulge local information but also just as happy to leave us to get on with enjoying the view, the company and the wonderful Devon cream tea (with lovely homemade scones) provided as part of the package. We also enjoyed a lovely bottle of chilled Prosecco and a pot of tea. The trip lasted an hour and we went to the mouth of The Dart and back downstream, with Kevin regaling us with many interesting facts along the way. We thought the cost for 5 adults and two small children was very good value, especially as this was such a special memory for us all. Many thanks to Kevin and his wife for a providing us with a wonderfully memorable experience and we look forward to going on the Picnic Boat for another special occasion in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My family had booked this as a surprise party for my birthday while we were on holiday in Kingswear.
The trip had been booked for the Monday when the storm was due. Kevin cancelled this and rearranged it for Wednesday. It was a lovely sunny day. The food was excellent. The homemade bread was lovely. We had salmon, chicken and ham with our salad. The cheese board was good.
The children loved the stop for crabbing, as did the adults.
Captain Kevin as Isaac called him was very knowledgeable about the river.
This was an excellent experience enjoyed by the adults and children.
We would recommend this trip.

1  Thank Swain100
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Well what a way to spend a couple of hours. A small family reuion, two birthdays which included a 50th. The picnic boat takes 12 which was just right for our party. Unsure of numbers on the day we opted to take our own picnic and have Kevin supply the drinks. If you do want something that is not on the menu just ask in advance and Kevin very obliging. The weather was very kind to us and the kids loved the crab fishing. Again let Kevin known in advance if you intend to do crab fishing so he can get some bait. Kevin was great he let my two grandsons steer the boat which made their day. A great time was had by all and i would definately recommend it.