Review Highlights
Good beach in pleasant surroundings

Good beach in pleasant surroundings which in winter is free although I believe in summer is... read more

Reviewed 24 November 2018
oldandknackered
Great Views

Lovely little out of the way place, probably better to go in the winter or at least out of season... read more

Reviewed 16 November 2018
Anthony P
Tamworth, United Kingdom

All reviews lovely beach shingle beach venus cafe beach shop car park fine shingle clean beach no dogs allowed parking charge small pebbles clear water family beach blue flag beach large beach classical music clean toilets on duty
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The names deceiving - it's all pebbles! Beautiful location and free parking. Safe for the kids to run around and lifeguards on duty. Cafe reasonably priced.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Please note this is a shingles beach. The view here is nice and there is a cafe which does take away food as well as eating in. There is also a shop here to buy all your beach goodies and food etc.
To park in the car park next to the beach is a bit steep at £5. A little too pricey to be honest. Nice day out here.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I was really looking forward to visiting this beach as from the road it is beautiful. However the shingle is extremely painful to walk on. Clean beach, in a beautiful setting. Expensive to park. Jellyfish in the sea.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

The beach has it's own car park which can be quite full on a hot summers day. The name Blackpool Sands is not apt given that it is a shingle.pebble beach so no sand castles for the children. We went to the restaurant in search of fish and chips to find they did not sell them. As we had no other choice we ate there anyway. I found the food expensive (£80 for 6 of us) given that we had burgers and wraps. The burgers arrived with a slab of cheese on which was not mentioned in the description and my husband is lactose intolerant. The restaurant is definitely trying to be up market with it's menu and I only found one thing on there that I would even entertain eating (I am not a fussy eater, just plain and simple) and when it arrived it was covered in a sauce that was laced with garlic and I really do not like garlic. We did visit the beach twice but did not eat there the second time.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

A beautiful pebble beach that is very clean with fantastic facilities including a restaurant, toilets, shop, hire of paddle boards kayaks etc, and a lovely restaurant that served a very nice lunch. Car parking on site has to be be paid for. We had a great family day here with wonderful weather. We travelled 45 mins to visit this beach as we had heard how beautiful it was. Highly recommend you visit for the day.

1  Thank lizziejane2018