“Faultless!”

The Dartmouth Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 53 Dartmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lovely rooms, helpful and friendly staff and great breakfasts! The only place to stay in Dartmouth. We stayed for a weekend with family so in all we had 3 rooms - doubt you would find anywhere better in Dartmouth.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 May 2014

(Sheree)

My two sons and I have just spend 2 nights at The Dartmouth B&B my two sons shared a room and myself a single, what a beautifully decorated hotel, we were so impressed with the cleanliness and the decor. So clean, so, comfortable, a beautiful breakfast room with such a wonderful view of the hills in front and partial view of the harbour. Such a lovely atmosphere to have an equally lovely breakfast!! Our host Neil was so welcoming and helpful to the point of even emailing me the details of the paint colour on the walls..... :D The steep hill down and back to the harbour was a challenge for me but that's what you get for wearing heels, next time a comfortable pair of shoes a simple solution as the climb back is so worth it!! So thank you Neil and if I get to return to Dartmouth I will look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheree K
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just spent an amazing week in The Dartmouth Boutique B&B. A BIG thank you to Neil and Neville, who couldn't have been more helpful, knowledgeable and welcoming hosts, who, especially made are stay so wonderful.
The Hotel is lovely and has been done up to a very high standard, the décor is modern and the whole place is immaculately clean and smells beautiful. The views from our bedroom were stunning to wake up to and the dining room is light and airy with the same lovely views.
Breakfast was delicious, great fresh local produce, so much choice and cooked to perfection.
It was such a great experience, we will highly recommend a stay there, especially with hosts who are willing to go the extra mile.
We will be back!
beryl and Nick

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 10
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On arrival to the Dartmouth Boutique we were greeted warmly by Neil and shown to our immaculate room, so pristine I felt the need to remove my walking boots before venturing inside! The room was bright, fresh and very well cared for with plenty of hot water, towels and refreshments. Over our four night stay we found the bed to be very comfortable and slept peacefully ( I am 6ft and my partner 6'7" so we often find beds to be a bit of a 'sore point' but not at The Dartmouth!). Breakfast was ideal, plenty of fruit, yogurt and any combination of eggs, sausages, bacons, tom's, mushrooms we desired accompanied by as much toast and delightful jams as we could consume! Over our stay Neil, Neville and the ladies could not have been more friendly or helpful and did an exceptional job cleaning and tidying our room during the day. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here to my friends and family. Well done to our hosts, we wish you the best for the future and hope to see you again for some more R&R!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The warm welcome from Neil & Neville made us feel at home immediately. On entering the property we were presented with an outstanding eclectic mix of classic and modern design which flowed throughout. The attention to detail and the quality of the fittings and decor is a true reflection of the personality of the hosts and their commitment to providing first class accommodation and ambiance. The bedroom was large and comfortable with great views of the countryside and Dartmouth Harbour, afforded by the high elevation of the property. Locally sourced ingredients made the cooked-to-order breakfast first class. We had a relaxing, enjoyable stay and look forward to returning again soon for a longer stay. Everything about this B&B is first class and we would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for top quality, luxury accommodation in lovely Dartmouth.

Room Tip: All rooms have a fantastic view of the valley, looking right down to Dartmouth quay. When the light...
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Thanks for a very comfortable stay at The Boutique B and B, our room was lovely, light airy and beautifully furnished. The deep bath and lashings of hot water were very welcome, and all our needs were met very satisfactorily.
We wish Neil and co all the best with this venture and will recommend to our friends,
Best Wishes
Louise and Mike Jackson

1  Thank loujackson1975
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I wasn't too sure what a "Boutique" B and B would be like, but I didn't expect what this B and B gave.
Sure, it was very, very clean but its plain white and grey décor and furniture was very clinical and the whole was minimalist in the extreme. No signage outside to identify the main entrance from the car park, no guest information, a guest lounge area that would be at home in a doctor's surgery, no books, no magazines.
The bedroom was adequately sized and as advertised had good views over Dartmouth and the surrounding hills. But as in the rest of the B and B no colour, just blandness.
The bathroom was of a good size but was unheated and the sink was very small with a glass shelf over which stopped you bending over it. It was difficult to fill the electric kettle provided from the tap because of the size of the sink.
None of the above affected our stay so don't be too put off, but just be aware that it is different, which of course is what the Proprietors want, just not to my taste.

Breakfast was average but on our first day there was a bit confusing with different people taking our order and then not fulfilling it. The next days were fine. I'm not sure old dining tables tables could be described as "boutique" certainly not for me.
(A note for Neil, change the breakfast room to the lounge and have breakfasts in the existing lounge area. Stunning views then from the lounge might encourage people to sit in that area, maybe with a few books and local information provided).
The car parking provided was good and the accommodation is about a ten minute walk downhill into Dartmouth and probably fifteen to twenty minutes return.
The host, Neil was very friendly and informative and I am sure given time will continue to improve the experience of stopping at The Dartmouth Boutique B and B.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the property as those have the better views.
3  Thank tamworthfan