We love Dartmouth. Away from the maddening crowd; individual shops; great variety of art; excellent library with a cinema/theatre above it (Flavels). The come a is the only one I know of where you can take in your glass of wine! And food wise plenty of choice from the upscale restaurant of Mitch Tonks (the Seahorse) to good value fish and chips and fast food outlets. Great little pubs with character to suit all types. So, where to stay for a few days? Nowhere better than Bayards Cove where the host Charlie will give you a very nice welcome. We'll appointed rooms and serving great breakfast with light meals at other times including Tapas. Location is splendid right by the lower ferry. Parking is always a problem in Dartmouth; in the spring and summer use the park and ride. Once in the town everything is just a short walk. In the winter there is usually room in the central car park. We have stayed a few times and will be back for the New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This small friendly hotel is one of Dartmouth’s oldest and most interesting buildings. It was originally constructed as a Tudor merchant's house and would have been a welcome sight when the Pilgrim Fathers stopped off at Bayards Cove on their way to America in August 1620. The hotel is conveniently situated in Bayards Cove in the centre of this lovely town, with the market and main shopping area only a short level walk away. Guests are sure to enjoy the unique character of the hotel and its thoughtfully refurbished luxury rooms, all of which have freeview, televisions and DVD players, and some also enjoy views over the water of the cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bayards Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayards Cove Hotel Dartmouth
- Bayards Cove Inn Dartmouth, Devon