“Great place to eat”

The Jack In The Green Inn
Ranked #6 of 555 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$72 - US$72
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2012

It's always a good experience to visit and eat at the Jack in the Green. The welcome is walys good as is the service and the food is exceptional. Prices are very reasonable for such good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had Sunday lunch there yesterday. It's not cheap but the food and service were superb in particular the goats cheese mousse and the chicken liver starter.

Our main courses of roast beef came with 8 different superbly cooked vegetables.

If I had to be picky I'd say the cheeses were a bit bland but in the scale of things that was minor.

Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Just checked into our room at Larkbeare Grange after a dreadful journey down from Cheshire. Needed an early meal, J i t G was recommended and booked for us. We were not disappointed. Host was very friendly, food was excellent, service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

on a recent visit to the area for a wedding at Lawrence Castle - Haldon belvedere, we attended the recption that was held at Jack In the Green. Despite being unlucky with the weather, the event was a huge success . The management and staff were very efficient and welcoming and the food was excellent - well worthy of recording in a food guide. The venue is spacious and yet cosy and it is within easy reach of the airport and Exeter - if you have a car. Do try the Chocote Mousse, which is the best I have ever had in my 50 odd years of existence. The duck was also memorable. It is a very popular restaurant and they cater for events as well as to the general public. I believe their 'sustenance for dancing at wedding receptions bacon butty ' is also noteworthy.
A big thanks to the jack in the green for making the reception so special.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have been meaning to eat here for ages, but never seem to be travelling near enough, until yesterday! I was not disappointed, the best meal I have had in a pub! Excellent service, pleasant surroundings ( we sat outside under the pergola in the sunshine )Delicious food. That's it! Well done to everyone at Jack in the Green.