“4th/5th Jan 2013 stay - Perfect Countryside retreat”
Review of Rydon Farm

Rydon Farm
Ranked #1 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed for two nights with our young daughter and even younger golden retriever. And it was the perfect place. Very well furnished and clean bedroom, excellent facilities in the room itself (plenty of drinks and biscuits, spring water and even chocolates). There were even hot water bottles and torches for use. The added touches like the crystal chandelier and bath robes as well as magazines and books to read were extra thoughtful touches. We especially loved seeing the dairy cows ever morning, they were a delight! The breakfast was first class, homemade rhubarb and apple compote (fantastic!) yoghurts, cereal, full cooked breakfasts or other options like smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Cater for Vegetarians. Just perfect! Sally is the perfect host and very personable and I would highly recommend Rydon Farm to anyone travelling in the Exeter area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed at Rydon farm for one night,fantastic place and absolutely spotless I have no hesitation on recommending this hostelry to anyone,the breakfast is to die for,they only use local fresh produce and this shows in the quality of food you are served,can't wait to go back when we are travelling again .ps book the 4 poster room it is delightful

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Returning to Rydon Farm, after visiting in the summer, taking my husband this time, I found that the winter visit was just as enjoyable as the summer one. I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely farm, it is so very clean and well equippped, cosy and welcoming. The weather was wet and cold but there are so many home comforts, such as, hot chocolate, as well as tea and coffee, in each room, and although fully centrally heated, hot water bottles for added comfort. The choice of breakfast is splendid and we enjoyed a full English which kept us going for the rest of the day. Sally is a joy, and made us very welcome, what more could you wish for. Rydon Farm is a place we will visit whenever possible.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights recently with other members of the family using for a variety of nights all four rooms. This is a delightful place; the owners are very welcoming and helpful, the decor is fresh and the rooms well equipped.

The breakfasts are great with a variety of choices and I have particular praise for the homemade fruit compote.

We would certainly stay here again if we come into the area.

Room Tip: The Dart on the ground floor is the best but they are all good and only the one with the twin beds i...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2012

From the minute you arrive this is quality quality quality. Sally is an excellent host and the rooms are 5 star. I could not recommend this HOME enough. Breakfast is again excellent and as YOU want it. The cows are on your doorstep to greet you as well (lol).
Will return again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I arrived at Rydon Farm in the dark and cold but when I stepped into the farmhouse I was immediately welcomed by name by Sally and felt a lovely warm glow as I was shown to my room, The Dart, which is absolutely beautiful, spacious and with all the luxuries you could wish for. Sally was so accommodating, as I have a very restrictive diet, she rose to the challenge and produced wonderful breakfasts which I enjoyed whilst watching the cows coming in for milking, stopping to look in the window to check on the guests!
I was so comfy I couldn't wait to get back to Rydon for my second night!
Thank you Sally I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I only saw The Dart which was the one I was in, but it is a lovelyspacious room with windows both si...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I had the Exe room. It has a 4 poster bed, dressing gown, chocolates, great reading light, high spec bathroom - what more could a girl want?? This room is really cosy and both the room and the bathroom are a good size. Anne

Room Tip: As a family we took 3 of the 4 rooms, all lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family