“Exactly what we were hoping for”
Review of Rydon Farm

Rydon Farm
Ranked #1 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night after a visit to the university and could not have been made more welcome. We had a the lovely twin room, which has an amazing en suite shower, an excellent breakfast with delicious local ingredients and were directed by Sally to a great pub supper nearby. Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

A Warm Welcome from Sally. This is a great B&B, Rooms are well equipt, confortable and well furnished. The breakfast choice is good, cooked and other offerings.
This is a working farm, but the cows are very quiet. Great looking gardens

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent communication prior to visit and accurate travel directions, a lovely welcoming farmhouse with really well appointed twin room a mix of antique and modern furniture, hospitality tray and georgous toiletries. Thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and other guests on their third visit. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I needed to book a B & B last minute for work, looking near Exeter I wanted to avoid the noise of the motorway and hustle and bustle. Found Rydon Farm and I am so glad I stayed here. I think I was the only resident for my stay but you wouldnt know it, the treatment didnt change and I didnt feel like any of my requests put Sally out. I checked out their webpage and the rooms looked a little chintzy but you were made aware of this in the description and I dont think this makes a B & B bad its the whole package which counts. I thought I'd booked a room with a bath but when I was shown to my room I was really not disappointed. The room was modern and the bathroom was stylish with a fantastic shower, the bed felt like no one else had ever slept in it. I arrived in the dark so wasnt able to see all the surroundings til the morning. When I opened my curtains I was greeted by the cows enjoying their breakfast and it was a fantastic start to my day. I enjoyed breakfast in the dining room looking over the lovely red brick yard and again had a view of the cows. If you dont do country this wont be for you! The breakfast was lovely and the little extra (for my dog) was a lovely thought. I will definately stay here again if work allows but I may see if I can try a different room just to see what the others are like. The room I had was fantastic size for a family and if we didnt live so near we would definately have stayed here for a few nights whilst travelling around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Sally opened the door to us on the day the storms hit Dawlish and we were welcomed into the comfort of Rydon, a bustling family farm. All our B&B requirements were ticked, the large room was immaculate, spotlessly clean with a fully-stocked bathroom, tea, cafetiere, bottled water and a little dish of chocolates. We particularly noticed the fabrics which added a contemporary charm to our room. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious with locally sourced products and we enjoyed a lovely meal that evening at the Diggers Rest. Really first class, efficient, excellent value and all within striking distance of Exeter and the Devon coastline.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Situated 10 minutes by car from Topsham. A great place to stay. Very comfortable and stylish rooms. Good breakfast and a great host. We loved the cows! We ate nearby at The Diggers Rest, which we highly recommend also.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is simply the best B & B we've visited. Sally has really thought through what guests need - warmth, space, comfortable beds, super-efficient hot shower, ample towels and toiletries, facilities for making drinks (including ground coffee and a cafetiere), plenty of sockets for charging up phones and computers, wi-fi and a wonderful choice of delicious foods for breakfast. All this, and a welcome for our dogs, make it the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple