“Immaculate Reception”
Review of Rydon Farm

Rydon Farm
Ranked #1 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I, and our King Charles spaniel, stayed at Rydon Farm on our journey to and from south-west Cornwall to visit friends. The way Sally received us could not have been bettered: she made us feel very welcome, but without fuss or unnecessary delay. After a long journey we just wanted to relax in a comfortable room before heading out again for a evening meal. And we were able to do just that. We stayed in 'The Exe' going out and 'The Dart' coming back. Both rooms were luxuriously furnished, spotlessly clean and had all the little extras that so often make a great difference. Sally recommended a nearby pub, where we had a very nice meal on both occasions. Unlike some 'pet-friendly' hotels/B&B's, we didn't feel for a moment that we were being penalised for having a dog with us. We would certainly stay at Rydon Farm again and wholeheartedly recommend it. If only one could find pet-friendly B&B's like this in other parts of the country!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We only had one night stay having travelled to Rydon Farm from London for the CTCRM (5mins away) Families Day to see our son. Sally made my husband, myself and my parents, who came with their (well behaved) King Charles Spaniel, very welcome. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable, quiet and cosy, well appointed and modern, as you would expect a farm house to be. The diary farm cows add an amusement of their own at the breakfast table, as you can see their inquistive looks through the windows while you eat your choice of delicious food served by Sally. I can't recommend Rydon Farm and Sally's hospitality any more highly. Well, that's it for Rydon Farm but Sally also recommends places to eat, we had two great meals at The Diggers Rest (evening and afternoon) and were made very welcome, it's a pub which allows dogs in the bar/restaurant area but there is also a separate (dog free) restaurant within the pub setting.

Room Tip: All rooms have lovely views with welcome "smiles" from the cows in the diary farm, who loo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked three rooms at Rydon Farm for our "Farmers on Tour" trip, On booking Sally was so helpful and efficient, and suggested a good eating place The Diggers Rest nearby. When we arrived we had a lovely chat with Sally , we were all equally thrilled with our rooms, peaceful, warm,tasteful and immaculate, everything you could wish for and such attention to detail. We ate that night at the Diggers Rest, the meal was delicious andthe staff lovely. Sally's breakfasts were excellent too. It was lovely opening the curtains in the morning to the cows feeding outside the window, and they were so quiet !! I scored brownie points on our trip finding this wonderful B & B !!! I would recommend the homely and very friendly Rydon Farm to anyone visiting this beautiful area.

Room Tip: The four poster room had a lovely bathroom too, and the cows outside in the morning to see!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night after a visit to the university and could not have been made more welcome. We had a the lovely twin room, which has an amazing en suite shower, an excellent breakfast with delicious local ingredients and were directed by Sally to a great pub supper nearby. Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A Warm Welcome from Sally. This is a great B&B, Rooms are well equipt, confortable and well furnished. The breakfast choice is good, cooked and other offerings.
This is a working farm, but the cows are very quiet. Great looking gardens

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent communication prior to visit and accurate travel directions, a lovely welcoming farmhouse with really well appointed twin room a mix of antique and modern furniture, hospitality tray and georgous toiletries. Thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and other guests on their third visit. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I needed to book a B & B last minute for work, looking near Exeter I wanted to avoid the noise of the motorway and hustle and bustle. Found Rydon Farm and I am so glad I stayed here. I think I was the only resident for my stay but you wouldnt know it, the treatment didnt change and I didnt feel like any of my requests put Sally out. I checked out their webpage and the rooms looked a little chintzy but you were made aware of this in the description and I dont think this makes a B & B bad its the whole package which counts. I thought I'd booked a room with a bath but when I was shown to my room I was really not disappointed. The room was modern and the bathroom was stylish with a fantastic shower, the bed felt like no one else had ever slept in it. I arrived in the dark so wasnt able to see all the surroundings til the morning. When I opened my curtains I was greeted by the cows enjoying their breakfast and it was a fantastic start to my day. I enjoyed breakfast in the dining room looking over the lovely red brick yard and again had a view of the cows. If you dont do country this wont be for you! The breakfast was lovely and the little extra (for my dog) was a lovely thought. I will definately stay here again if work allows but I may see if I can try a different room just to see what the others are like. The room I had was fantastic size for a family and if we didnt live so near we would definately have stayed here for a few nights whilst travelling around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business