The Edwardian
US$113
Hampton
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$99
Priceline
US$96
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Have just stayed one night here and can only say i was so impressed with how helpful and kind the owners have been.
The room and en-suite were lovely and comfortable.
Mentioned in previous reviews about heating, there are now electric heaters in room to use when you wish.
I payed £50 for my one night stay and can definately say it was worth it and wouldnt hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2011

my husband and i have just stayed here without are 5 kids for a special break must say the price is very good accommodation was imacullate maybe get rid of the dryed flowers though, the room was lovely and spacious with a nice settee we could relax on with a cuppa. the position was perfect as were familiar with exeter it is a 5 minute walk to the centre perfect, but what made it for us staying here was jackie and mike what lovely warm welcoming people very accomodating to are needs and the breakfast was fab will be going back next march for another special occasion (no kids) thanks guys had a great time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I booked to stay for four nights in this bed and breakfast via Expedia. I was unable to arrive on the day, but I called and explained that I had been delayed, I fully expected to pay for the first missed night, and that I would arrive the next day. This was agreed by the person I spoke to.

I arrived at the B&B at 4pm the next day. I rang the bell and there was no answer. There was a notice on the bell which said that if nobody was in, the entryphone would divert to a mobile and someone would be there as soon as possible.

I rang the bell around 15-16 times over the course of the next hour and it kept going to voicemail. Nobody called me back. I am disabled, it was pouring with rain and there was no shelter. After an hour of this I made a reservation at a proper hotel over the Internet and made my way there.

I called Expedia to explain what had happened and request a refund for the remaining three nights. Strangely, they were able to get hold of the owners of the B&B within ten minutes. These people suggested that I should come back and someone would be there within thirty minutes. I was in no state to do so, and frankly was not inclined to even if I had been able to.

Then Expedia informed me that the hotel had a cancellation policy and that they would take full payment for the four nights. I explained that this was entirely inappropriate as they had not made the service available so under normal consumer protection legislation they would have to refund my money. They then had the cheek to suggest that I should have rung to agree an arrival time! They are supposed to be a HOTEL. I said that arriving at 4pm for a stay in a hotel was hardly outlandish or unreasonable.

The hotel then claimed that there had been someone there for the previous hour (which would have included the last half hour of my waiting outside) but that nobody had rung the bell. This was an out-and-out lie. Nobody, owner or guest, came in or out of that place in the entire hour I stood there. And I rang the bell 15-16 times and left at least ten messages.

Eventually Expedia managed to get them to agree to refund two of the four nights.

Obviously, I never got inside the hotel so I cannot say what the service or accommodation is like. If it is like the outside of the hotel, it is tired and badly-maintained. If it is like the reception, it is appalling.

Do not reserve this hotel unless you like standing in the rain for an hour, being lied to or being ripped off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank LondonCapulet
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Not the most attractive premises externally but its rooms are well appointed and comfortable and it's a fairly easy walk to the heart of the city. And what a beautiful city!
Service, from reception and tourist advice through to breakfast was very good, as was breakfast itself.
I have no qualms about recommending this one.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoofOz
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I booked to stay at The Edwardian 4 months prior to traveling. When I arrived I was told that my booking had been cancelled because I did not arrive on the day their paperwork stated I was arriving. I had a printed confermation in my hand however this made little difference to the conversation. NO apology was given nor was any offer made to correct the mistake. On the contrary, i was told that I would be charged for the "late" day and that I could have a room if I paid extra to upgrade!!! Save yourself disappointment and money by NOT staying here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business