“On the waterfront restaraunt”
Review of On The Waterfront

On The Waterfront
Ranked #90 of 564 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was lovely. Staff were nice but very slow, our food arrived but two side dishes failed to arrive also (we did order them however). Once our food arrived the waiters didn't check on us again. Once we finished our food we tried to get the waiters but they failed to be attentive, we then went up to them to ask for the bill, we still had to wait some time before getting the bill itself after asking once again

SDInns, Secretary at On The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience, I'm unsure why your side dishes didn't come with your main, I will pass these messages onto the kitchen team. I will also pass on your concerns regarding the staff attentiveness.
Again I am sorry for the experience and I hope you return soon and give us another go.
Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always a great place for a Pizza and a drink overlooking the river . If you cant eat all your food they supply takeaway boxes for you .

Chris b, General Manager at On The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the lovely review. I hope you have a lovely bank holiday and hope to see you again see.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The waterfront is such a lovely restaurant brilliant views over the quay! amazing food love they sunk in in design of the restaurant really an amazing place would recommend the calzone was delish!

Thank you for the lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely time at the waterfront, we were served by an enthusiastic young man called stu who expressed his passion exceptionally well, hand gestures and all.

He recommended a great pizza, I believe he had a hand it’s creation. It was a great pizza, we really enjoyed it. The only constructive criticism I have is that the pizza could have been divided better as it was hard to initially remove from the pan. Many thanks

Thank you for the great review. I will pass your comments on to Stu as I know he will be over the moon with this review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited OTW for dinner after a long day of travelling. We hadn't booked (arrived around 6pm) and so were told there would be a 30-40 minute wait for food. In the end, it arrived in about 25 mins from ordering.

"Tapas" starters were fairly bland and forgettable (hence the 4 stars), but the pizzas were phenomenal. 12" seems to be good value (£10-14), whilst 16" is much more expensive (over £20, but so big you would probably be sharing anyway). Gluten free pizzas are only available in 10" (not stated on the menu) and cost the same, but both the base and the toppings (including vegan cheese for those who are dairy free!) were excellent. Delicious and very filling. Would certainly visit again.

Thank you for the review. Hope to see you again soon.