“One of the Best”

Price range: US$23 - US$34
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For a taste of the Mediterranean without leaving the West Country look no further than Exeter’s The Conservatory. With huge windows obscured by white blinds, tall exotic plants and Swedish-meets-French countryside painted furniture you almost feel it would be a shame to call in after sunset. But come in for dinner and you’ll find yourself in an intimate and romantic setting perfect for that relaxed dinner to help you forget about bills, work and worries. Sail away on a culinary cruise through Europe as the menu takes you from Britain via France and in to Italy and beyond with plenty of local ingredients to keep the flavours fresh and delicious.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I discovered this restaurant some years ago and have made many return visits, usually catching the Early Bird special on a week night prior to a trip to the cinema.
I cannot fault this place in terms of service or food quality, every dish I have ever had has been superb.
This week I had the Chicken Liver Parfait and the Blade of Beef - fantastic.
It's worth the 60 mile round trip!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Read great reviews but largely disappointed by the food and service. The poor waitress was kurt and impatient- we had been a few minutes late for our reservation but it was a quiet weeknight and we were very apologetic, but she just barked 'food' and 'drink' to ask for our orders.
The food was nice enough but arguably overpriced given what you can get for similar money in Exeter. I'll not return I don't think.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After reading other reviews we were really quite disappointed by the food and service here. The service was very slow considering there was only our group and one other in the restaurant. The food was not very good, the sauces were overpowering. The vegetables tended to be overcooked or undercooked and the fish was overcooked. The meat I had was under seasoned and dry. But the desserts were really quite good.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We like the intimacy of this restaurant. Although it is fairly small you don't feel you're too close to adjoining tables. The staff are first class and the food is wonderful. This was our first visit for a couple of years, but I'm pleased to say we found it is still one of Exeter's best places to eat.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This restaurant was recommended as a venue for dinner for our Uni reunion and didn't disappoint. The service was excellent throughout the evening and we all agreed the food was just fabulous. The Conservatory has a lovely atmosphere, very conducive for a great evening reminiscing with my wonderful friends.

1  Thank RonniF_13