“Very clean - just don't eat there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Exeter

Jurys Inn Exeter
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Very clean - just don't eat there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Jurys Inn with my partner for 1 night (July 2014) & we were very pleased with the room. The room was clean & had nice little extras such as shampoo, towels, soap, biscuits, hair-drier etc. The room & bathroom were very clean & also had air-con which was a bonus but it was nice that we could open the window as well so had a choice.

Excellent location, right in the centre of town. The hotel has no parking itself but they have a lay-by you can pull up in to drop-off/pick-up & a reduced parking rate at a modern multi-storey just across the road. £7 for 24 hours & the car park was so close it was no problem at all that they didn't have their own car park.

Only downside of our stay was the bar/restaurant service. When our food eventually came out it looked fantastic but we could not have been more deceived! It was cold, tasteless & burnt. I was incredibly hungry & it was late but there was no way I could eat it. We complained & the girl was very apologetic but we had to tell her what we wanted to do. We got a refund & she asked if I wanted anything else but there was no way I was trying anything else or waiting all that time again especially when my partner was unhappy with his meal as well. I ended up trying to buy some biscuits to take to my room but ended up leaving the money on the counter as when a member of staff eventually arrived they clearly had a problem with the till but didn't have the courtesy to apologise for keeping me waiting. It was late so I guess it was little wonder that the tables weren't being cleared but the whole dining/bar experience was really, really bad.

All-in-all - hotel itself is great but go into town for your meals!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Verena H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Greek first
Fareham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Jury’s Inn this week and was quite shocked about the basic quality, for a hotel costing over £100 per this was not what I was expecting. The room was very tiny and very basic with no fridge and not a lot of room. It was very dusty and although the bathroom was spotless the main room was quite tatty. The room was overlooked but there was no net curtains so I spent my whole stay with the curtains shut which was horrible. The bed was comfy but it did not have a fitted sheet which meant as soon as I pulled the duvet off I was left with direct contact with the mattress which was pretty gross, the mattress didn’t even have a cover on which I thought for a well-used bed was pretty disgusting.

Breakfast was good with a good selection, there were no clean tables when I arrived at 8.30 so I had to ask someone to clear one for me.

The biggest issue I had was the free wifi, this was promoted on their website but when I arrived I learnt that this was only very basic level wifi so the connection was pretty poor. I could get emails but not many websites.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicky E
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Staying for one night, staff are nice, but had to go back several times to get key recut, and the man at the front desk seemed to be frustrated by the fact I kept coming back for assistance even though I had no control over the issue, and service in the bar took forever, probably wouldn't stay again, glad we only had to stay one night!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Logan K
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Exeter is a lovely city, which we have come to know quite well over a three-year university relationship. With graduation, we needed to stay and, despite 4 months lead-time, there is not much choice. Having stayed once at a Jurys Inn in London several years ago, I selected Jurys Inn in Exeter. Overall, rather basic, yet fit-for-purpose - as an example, no shower caps in the bathroom. Clean, reasonably spacious, very well located for the City centre, not too noisy (apart from the seagulls and garbage trucks first thing in the morning!), not too expensive.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike F
devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here with some friends on an overnight stay in Exeter. Hotel very clean and bedrooms comfortable. Modern and slightly impersonal on decor, but a good hotel and no complaints. Excellent location to city centre and not too noisy.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Egham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

we had booked well in advance so got a very decent rate - service was v good and better than expected. V helpful booking and amending taxi reservation for example.

Location great and logistics for our daughter's graduation went v well - there is no car park but nearby NCP works well with decent 24 hr rate and easy walking distance from hotel.

Rooms are perfectly functional and whilst I would not want to stay there for a week for a night or two it works v well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PLIMGR, General Manager at Jurys Inn Exeter, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Jurys Inn Exeter. I am delighted that the hotel and the staff exceeded your expectation and that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you again and if you would like to contact me directly my details are below.

Kind regards,
Elaine Mellotte
Elaine_mellotte@jurysinns.com
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I arrived on a business trip, hotel very busy as it was student presentation week and the staff were still treating us as individual customers. My issue was the pre-payment was not showing on the room, had to sit for a while on the very comfortable bar and all was sorted by the wonderful staff and manger (sorry I cannot remember her name) The room was very clean and comfortable, cooled (outside temperature was 27 degrees on this day).
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pre book on the jurys web site for free wifi
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business