“Disappointing after reading these reviews”
Review of Jaiho

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jaiho
Ranked #362 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This is a new restaurant. Phone number is 01392 496666 - going tonight for the first time so want to review it !
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The poppadoms were great, lovely and fresh and crunchy, and the vegetable Dhansak sauce was nice, but there was a depressing regularity about the vegetables that suggested they'd come out of a deep freeze. The meat in the Jalfrezi was reasonably cooked, but it was cheap scraggy offcuts, some gristly, and they'd bulked it up with undercooked peppers and lumps of onion, and there was no fresh chilli or tomato in the sauce.

The Gandh by the clock tower does better, cheaper.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I am familiar with Indian cuisine and I was really impressed with the quality of the food. The service was very good and the food was even better. Well worth the visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

I was craving Indian and this did the job perfectly. Living in London and being of Indian origin, I have high expectations from Indian food. This has raised the bar for Exeter Indian restaurants and takeaways. Would recommend!

Reviewed 17 July 2010

Well what can I say. It has been a while before we have risked an Indian takeaway in Exeter, simply due to the high quality we have come to expect from Indian food. (My fiancee and his family are Indian). Indian food in Devon, especially for vegetarians, is usually an oily, unfulfilling experience. Jaiho is finally the Indian takeaway we have been waiting for in Exeter!

The rating of 5 is in mind of a Exeter region compaison. Although the more expereinced food conisiours would probably rate it lower if they are well travelled, I am rating it as 5, as for the region I think Jaiho deserves a 10! The Dal Tadkewali is in fact better than some of the ones we have had in India.

We ate solely vegetarian this evening, but if the vegetarian food was this nice, and lets face it, in this area Indian vegetarian is usually only made as an after thought to the meat dishes, the chicken and lamb must be superb! The Malai Kofta is highly recommended. We will definitly be returning.

We used the free home delivery service. It was prompt and quick and arrived within half an hour. If you pick up there are additional benefits such as free soft drink or wine!

*****

1  Thank Rene K
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I am highly suspicious of the person who gave the bad review and wonder if they work for the competition. My meal was delicious. The best indian food I have had in Exeter and the service was friendly, helpful and efficient. I had my meal delivered and it arrived within half an hour. I feel lucky to have found a place that I can order a quick meal delivered that I will actually ENJOY! Thank you Jaiho.

1  Thank exeterreviewer2