“Understated Gem”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ex5 1lq
Reviewed 30 April 2013

From the outside this looks like a mediocre cafe/restaurant/takeaway, but how decieving the book cover can be. The food is first class, the decor very tasteful and the ambiance perfect for a relaxing evening with friends/colleagues. I only state colleagues because that's who I was with but I would love to bring my friends to enjoy such a gem of a restaurant. I have food allergies too and they were very accomodating, without making a fuss. I definitely recommend The Green Door to anyone who loves good food.

1  Thank LynnWilliams

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We have eaten at the green door on a number of occasions and have always had wonderful friendly service. The food is without a doubt some of the most delicious and fresh we have ever had and very professionally served. Highly recommended if you are looking for a quiet or romantic evening and have a taste for good food. Also would have to point out that the cleanliness is superb paying attention to every detail, the cutlery polished and glass wear sparkling, just as they should be.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Absolutely excellent again. Tonight's special was ox cheek and it had been slow cooked and was in the richest, darkest most flavoursome gravy you can imagine ...faultless.

On this visit I was with my hubby, mother in law and 19 year old son.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The staff are great, service attentive, food is superb. I love the attention to detail and the little unexpected surprises and flavours in each dish.

Just go....you wont be disappointed. Locally sourced food, local people...support this local business.

2  Thank Fran B
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Due to time restraints we could not get to the Green Door for a sit down meal. This was no
problem though as we phoned what we wanted through and got it to takeaway. It was faultless and one of the best meals we have ever had. It having to travel home with us before we ate it did nothing to affect the fantastic flavours. It was plentiful portions, superbly cooked and just so delicious we had a good mix of mains, sides and desserts and they were all fantastic and an excellent price for such high class food. We cannot recommend the Green Door enough, wonderful food, friendly and very very helpful and pleasant service at a price that you can afford to treat yourself more regularly than just special occassions as at so many places.

1  Thank Zetta321
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Ambience Ok, staff very pleasant, but just missed it with the food. Looked good but lacked taste. Need to improve ventilation as clothes smelt of cooking after, and loo needs love and attention.Sorry

3  Thank ChrisDevon_UK