We stayed here for 2 nights, on our way to Cornwall. The hotel is in a convenient location for a road trip in that direction, and there is a park and ride just across the road, for trips into Exeter town centre.
The reception staff at the hotel were some of the best I have encountered, nothing was too much trouble for them. I didn't get their names, but the staff on duty on the evening of 4 June were particularly helpful. They spent a lot of time, giving us codes for free wifi in the lounge area, and recommending local restaurants.
Breakfast was very good, particularly as it was included in the price.
They would have scored a 5, were it not for the fact that the room was really too small for a family of 4. You could barely move with the 2 double beds made up, and could not use the desk at all.
Also, our hotel room door would not lock, which meant anyone could just walk into our room when we went out, though we were able to bolt it from the inside. We did report this to the staff, but they seemed unable to fix the problem, and it remained that way until we left.
However, we really enjoyed our stay, and would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy value and convenience at the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel, located just outside Exeter with good transport links. Our modern hotel is situated by a small lake just off junction 29 of the M5 and 5 minutes' drive from Exeter International Airport. There's plenty of complimentary parking on site and you can take advantage of the local park and ride bus service to get into Exeter's cosmopolitan city centre. Fill up at Holiday Inn Express Exeter's breakfast with hot items, served from 6.30am in our Great Room and included in all room prices. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel making staying in touch a breeze and you can host business events in our 3 naturally lit meeting rooms. Holiday Inn Express Exeter is the only hotel to be located in Exeter Business Park and we're also conveniently placed for meetings at the Met Office, 5 minutes' walk away. Make the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel your handy stop-off if you're travelling to or from Cornwall. Our friendly Front Desk staff can help you plan days out to nearby Dartmoor National Park and the breathtaking Jurassic Coast. After a day of meetings or sightseeing, Holiday Inn Express Exeter's sleek Great Room bar is a welcoming spot to mingle with friends. Retire to your newly refurbished, air-conditioned Guest room to unwind with complimentary tea and coffee and watch TV on your 32-inch flatscreen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Exeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Holiday Inn Exeter
- Exeter Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Devon