This was our 5th stay at the hotel and unfortunately had a problem with our room this time. The room did not seem to be to the same level of décor as our previous stays and the carpet did seem pretty stained. But as it was one night and we did check in early we just excepted it.
The problem started when we tried to go to sleep. The room was next to a boiler and about every 20 minutes the boiler fired up which at first does startle you. This was impossible for me to sleep through. I am a light sleeper and when booking in I did ask for a quiet room!!
Anyway I rang down about 12.45am and a very nice man came to the room with a new room card so we could go there to sleep. Unfortunately this room was cold and heating too noisy to keep on. Then at 6.30 we had noisy neighbours. Not the hotels fault there.
Anyway on checking out I handed my cards into Laura who knew all about the problem and was very good in dealing with this very professionally. Thank you.
Breakfast was thank goodness not as busy as previous stays but I must mention as do many others that the orange juice is terrible.
Its a shame we had problems this time but for the way it was dealt with I am sure, price being right we will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy value and convenience at the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel, located just outside Exeter with good transport links. Our modern hotel is situated by a small lake just off junction 29 of the M5 and 5 minutes' drive from Exeter International Airport. There's plenty of complimentary parking on site and you can take advantage of the local park and ride bus service to get into Exeter's cosmopolitan city centre. Fill up at Holiday Inn Express Exeter's breakfast with hot items, served from 6.30am in our Great Room and included in all room prices. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel making staying in touch a breeze and you can host business events in our 3 naturally lit meeting rooms. Holiday Inn Express Exeter is the only hotel to be located in Exeter Business Park and we're also conveniently placed for meetings at the Met Office, 5 minutes' walk away. Make the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel your handy stop-off if you're travelling to or from Cornwall. Our friendly Front Desk staff can help you plan days out to nearby Dartmoor National Park and the breathtaking Jurassic Coast. After a day of meetings or sightseeing, Holiday Inn Express Exeter's sleek Great Room bar is a welcoming spot to mingle with friends. Retire to your newly refurbished, air-conditioned Guest room to unwind with complimentary tea and coffee and watch TV on your 32-inch flatscreen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Exeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Holiday Inn Exeter
- Exeter Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Devon