Stayed for two nights Friday and Saturday. Firstly check. Very quick and easy. The receptionist, Aimee was very helpful. I had forgotten my phone charger and she managed to sort me out with a spare. It helped me out a lot. Obviously you have to return it.
Onto the room. Very clean a spacious. Good idea how you can close the door to the toilet and still use the rest of the bathroom. Hard to explain but good idea. Not enough tea bags and sugar but not a problem. Two negatives- when running the tap you'd get a whiff of the drains up through the plug hole. Not sure what the problem was. Didn't notice it till the second day. And the toilet would always need a couple of flushes. It was as if there wasn't enough water in the cistern.
Breakfast - plenty on not too busy. I never had a problem getting a table. All self serve. Toast, cereals and limited hot food. They had sausage, scrambled egg and beans. Ideally it could of been better with a couple more items like bacon and hash browns to make it more substantive. The room was quite cheap so I wouldn't of minded paying an extra couple of quid per night for more hot food.
Twenty minutes away from exeter on a Saturday morning. We got a taxi to the town centre and it cost £10. If your not in a rush there is a park and ride opposite the hotel. Don't know how much it is and I imagine not much slower than a cab. No idea on cost though.
Ideally located off the motorway. About a minute. We had room 238 and it was very quiet with the window shut. You can hear a bit of traffic with it open but not enough to bother you. It had aircon which seemed to dry my throat out. Switched it off the second night. Bed very comfortable.
Free newspaper by reception.
Thank you Aimee for the loan of the charger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy value and convenience at the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel, located just outside Exeter with good transport links. Our modern hotel is situated by a small lake just off junction 29 of the M5 and 5 minutes' drive from Exeter International Airport. There's plenty of complimentary parking on site and you can take advantage of the local park and ride bus service to get into Exeter's cosmopolitan city centre. Fill up at Holiday Inn Express Exeter's breakfast with hot items, served from 6.30am in our Great Room and included in all room prices. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel making staying in touch a breeze and you can host business events in our 3 naturally lit meeting rooms. Holiday Inn Express Exeter is the only hotel to be located in Exeter Business Park and we're also conveniently placed for meetings at the Met Office, 5 minutes' walk away. Make the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel your handy stop-off if you're travelling to or from Cornwall. Our friendly Front Desk staff can help you plan days out to nearby Dartmoor National Park and the breathtaking Jurassic Coast. After a day of meetings or sightseeing, Holiday Inn Express Exeter's sleek Great Room bar is a welcoming spot to mingle with friends. Retire to your newly refurbished, air-conditioned Guest room to unwind with complimentary tea and coffee and watch TV on your 32-inch flatscreen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Exeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Holiday Inn Exeter
- Exeter Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Devon