“A good nights sleep”

Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights so enjoyed the comprehensive breakfast even if the scrambled eggs were better on the first morning.I found the rooms really comfortable and very clean. More expensive than a Travelodge but a much better stopover. It alsohas the added advantage of the Park and Ride into the city right on its doorstep. There is also the Barn Owl, a very good pub with nice food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you chose the Holiday Inn Express Exeter for your accommodation in the area. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night’s sleep.

Our location is perfect for travellers as we are just off the motorway with excellent links into the city of Exeter using the Park and Ride service from just over the road.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal at the Barn Owl, although we are not linked it is good to hear that our guests enjoyed their meal with them.

I hope we can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in Exeter. Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Exeter

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Due to a business trip, I spend two nights at this hotel. I must say that it was more that I expected. The facilities are good, the staff was very professional, since the arrival, they were very friendly and helped me a lot to giving me restaurants suggestions and directions, coordinating taxi and even helping me with the planning of my train travel from Exeter to London Heathrow Airport.
The room was very comfortable, the bed was excellent and even they have six different pillows textures! The free wifi internet connection was a blessing.
Breakfast is included, it is a small breakfast buffet with cereals, fruits, coffee, fruit juices, and hot breakfast, besides the selection of breads and croissants.

Definitively when I return to Exeter this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am so delighted to read another review regarding the team here in Exeter. Our team here are dedicated to delivering the best guest experience so it is fantastic to read they went the extra mile with you. Each member of our Guest Service team is passionate about the customer service they deliver to our guests, I am sure they will share my appreciation in your kind words.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon whether you travel on business or for your leisure

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent value for an overnight stay. Very handy for the M5 but little traffic noise noticeable. Room was clean and fresh looking. The mattress was a bit too soft but I slept well enough. Breakfast was a self service buffet - again everything was very clean and well presented. I can't recommend the scrambled egg as it tasted like reconstituted powdered egg - however there were alternatives such as cereals, toast, croissants, yoghurts etc so can't really complain and others seemed to be eating the egg happily. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall I'd recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us in Exeter.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you slept well in your bedroom. Our free Express Start breakfast offers a range of breakfast choices with a variety of continental items and 3 hot options of scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans. I am sorry the scrambled egg was not to your taste.

Thank you for your feedback, we welcome all our guests feedback and use it to improve the service we deliver to our guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Best value night for staying on the way to Devon that I could find.

We arrived at nearly midnight, but there was still plenty of people around,and the bar was still open. There were still a few car park spaces too.

Breakfast options were a little limited (no bacon), but plenty of it, and tasty.

Nothing to fault really.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

It is great to read you found your stay good value for money, we have a number of offers on throughout the year so it is fantastic that you were able to get a great rate with us.

Each member of our guest service team is ready to welcome you no matter what time you arrive and our bar stays open late for the guests arriving in the early hours.

Our free Express Start breakfast includes a wide range of continental options with the addition of 3 hot items, scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans; I do hope you were able to enjoy these choices.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. extra bonus of cooked food for breakfast - we were only expecting a continental. Excellent value especially with free breakfast. Good location next to Barn owl pub which has a good menu. would definitely stay again. Good stop over on journey from Yorkshire to Cornwall

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stopover stay on your journey to Cornwall. Our location is perfect to break up the long journey; our hotel is popular with families doing just that.

I am also pleased to read you enjoyed the choices we were able to offer for breakfast. The Express Start breakfast has everything you need to give you a great start to your day, both a mix of continental and hot options.

Thank you so much for your kind review, I hope that you will come back and visit us again when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here many times in the past and I am pleased to report that it has maintained it good standards. Great location minutes of the M5, ideal for the airport and the park and ride is literally across the road. Another attraction for me is that it is a quiet hotel especially so if your room is at the rear. Rooms normal HIE standard where everything works and service more than adequate. One small moan is that breakfast whislt free is only just functional and ok but not up to the standard at PTI.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us here in Exeter.

It is great to read a review from a returning loyal guest and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location is perfect for a stop off the motorway with great links into the city with the Park and Ride service from just over the road. It is great to read that this suited your needs.

The Holiday Inn Express offers an Express Start breakfast this is free of charge to our guests. This includes a wide range of continental items and 3 hot options of scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans. I do hope that you were able to enjoy these choices.

Thank you again for your review, I hope the team here can welcome you back again soon.
Deputy General Manger

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is fairly basic as you would expect, would appear to be good for individuals but not for couples due to the small double beds provided, as it is an express no alternatives available. Good location by the side of the M5 if you are travelling into Cornwall say from the south east to break your journey.

Room Tip: Rooms all the same size so no choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ExpressExeter, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is very important to us the hotel bed are 4ft 6 inch double divans and are indeed occupied by couples on many occasions.
I am pleased to hear that the location worked well for you, many of our guests do stay with us to break their journey to and from Cornwall. Thank you for your score on the room cleanliness, we strive to ensure that the cleanliness of the hotel is of a high standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Debbie Hamnett