“Helpful Reception Staff”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Helpful Reception Staff”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great location near the M5 but access proved a little confusing. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom spacious and spotlessly clean. Observed morning staff cleaning and polishing everywhere. Breakfast was adequate. Only quibble was difficulty with internet access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us in Exeter.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the team here helpful. Each team member is passionate about the level of customer service they deliver to our guests, I am sure they will share my delight in reading your review.

I am sorry you found difficulty accessing the free internet while you were here. We encourage all our guests to let us know if they have any difficulties connecting and we can rectify any issue. If we need to we will call this internet provider to ensure each guest gains access.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This holiday inn express is first class , clean friendly well run in fact on of the best Express we have stayed at recently. The breakfast was excellent . Good value, I would certainly book again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Exeter. We welcome all guest feedback and I am sure the team here will also be delighted to read your kind words as they are passionate about the customer service they deliver to our guests.

I hope our team can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in the Exeter area.
Thank you again for your review.

Buntingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights so enjoyed the comprehensive breakfast even if the scrambled eggs were better on the first morning.I found the rooms really comfortable and very clean. More expensive than a Travelodge but a much better stopover. It alsohas the added advantage of the Park and Ride into the city right on its doorstep. There is also the Barn Owl, a very good pub with nice food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you chose the Holiday Inn Express Exeter for your accommodation in the area. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night’s sleep.

Our location is perfect for travellers as we are just off the motorway with excellent links into the city of Exeter using the Park and Ride service from just over the road.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal at the Barn Owl, although we are not linked it is good to hear that our guests enjoyed their meal with them.

I hope we can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in Exeter. Thank you again for your review.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Due to a business trip, I spend two nights at this hotel. I must say that it was more that I expected. The facilities are good, the staff was very professional, since the arrival, they were very friendly and helped me a lot to giving me restaurants suggestions and directions, coordinating taxi and even helping me with the planning of my train travel from Exeter to London Heathrow Airport.
The room was very comfortable, the bed was excellent and even they have six different pillows textures! The free wifi internet connection was a blessing.
Breakfast is included, it is a small breakfast buffet with cereals, fruits, coffee, fruit juices, and hot breakfast, besides the selection of breads and croissants.

Definitively when I return to Exeter this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am so delighted to read another review regarding the team here in Exeter. Our team here are dedicated to delivering the best guest experience so it is fantastic to read they went the extra mile with you. Each member of our Guest Service team is passionate about the customer service they deliver to our guests, I am sure they will share my appreciation in your kind words.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon whether you travel on business or for your leisure

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent value for an overnight stay. Very handy for the M5 but little traffic noise noticeable. Room was clean and fresh looking. The mattress was a bit too soft but I slept well enough. Breakfast was a self service buffet - again everything was very clean and well presented. I can't recommend the scrambled egg as it tasted like reconstituted powdered egg - however there were alternatives such as cereals, toast, croissants, yoghurts etc so can't really complain and others seemed to be eating the egg happily. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall I'd recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us in Exeter.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you slept well in your bedroom. Our free Express Start breakfast offers a range of breakfast choices with a variety of continental items and 3 hot options of scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans. I am sorry the scrambled egg was not to your taste.

Thank you for your feedback, we welcome all our guests feedback and use it to improve the service we deliver to our guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

UK
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Best value night for staying on the way to Devon that I could find.

We arrived at nearly midnight, but there was still plenty of people around,and the bar was still open. There were still a few car park spaces too.

Breakfast options were a little limited (no bacon), but plenty of it, and tasty.

Nothing to fault really.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

It is great to read you found your stay good value for money, we have a number of offers on throughout the year so it is fantastic that you were able to get a great rate with us.

Each member of our guest service team is ready to welcome you no matter what time you arrive and our bar stays open late for the guests arriving in the early hours.

Our free Express Start breakfast includes a wide range of continental options with the addition of 3 hot items, scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans; I do hope you were able to enjoy these choices.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. extra bonus of cooked food for breakfast - we were only expecting a continental. Excellent value especially with free breakfast. Good location next to Barn owl pub which has a good menu. would definitely stay again. Good stop over on journey from Yorkshire to Cornwall

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stopover stay on your journey to Cornwall. Our location is perfect to break up the long journey; our hotel is popular with families doing just that.

I am also pleased to read you enjoyed the choices we were able to offer for breakfast. The Express Start breakfast has everything you need to give you a great start to your day, both a mix of continental and hot options.

Thank you so much for your kind review, I hope that you will come back and visit us again when you next need accommodation in Exeter.