“Brilliant!”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
york
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on the way to Cornwall . Hotel was brilliant just as described we arrived a little early and the staff allowed us to check in. All staff members we encountered were extremely helpful and courteous. Our dog stayed with us, this hotel is a real plus for dog owners, really didn't mind the small charge as we all had an amazing nights sleep
ready to travel on the following day. Breakfast was superb lots to choose from . Well done Holiday Inn we will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jettyb
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay in Exeter.
I am delighted to hear the team were able to check you in early; we will always try our best to get you to your room as quickly as possible.

Thank you also for your kind words about the team here, everyone is passionate about the level of service we deliver to our guests.

It is great to read you brought your dog along for your stay, we accommodate dogs for a small cost, this means you don’t have to leave them behind.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Greek first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here mid week. Receptionist excellent room very clean an ideal stop for breaking a long journey to the south west. My only issue is that there is not enough tables for breakfast. It was a catch 22 problem not enough staff to cook the food, when delivered to the serving area it only would serve a few people, the rest then waiting for food and then more people arriving from their rooms to exacerbate the problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to read that you found the receptionist excellent and your room clean during your stay, the whole team work hard to ensure each guest is greeted warmly and our guests feel welcomed into our hotel.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding our breakfast. We offer a free Express Start breakfast to our guests; this is very popular and at times can be very busy. We have a large team that replenish the breakfast items during service and work hard to keep everything stocked up.

Of course, we welcome all our guest feedback and use it to review the service we offer to our guests and identify where improvements can be made.

Thank you again for your review, I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm not always the biggest fan of the express hotels,but I will make an exception on this one.The staff could not have been more helpful which was a big plus for me.You get what you would expect from the room,very clean.Air conditioning worked wonderfully and the massive bed was excellent.The breakfast did lack the full English option but what was on offer was first class.I hate being away from home but at least this hotel makes it a bit more tolerable.Well done to all the staff at this very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us in Exeter. I am so pleased you chose our hotel for your accommodation.

It is great to learn your accommodation suited your needs and our breakfast choices were first class. It is so nice to read your kind comments regarding the team here in Exeter. Each member of our Guest Service team is passionate about the service they deliver to our guest, we appreciate it is not always nice to be away from home but, as you described we want our guests to feel as though our hotel is home from home, most importantly that you felt welcomed. I am sure the team will share my delight in reading your review.

Thank you again for your kind words, I do hope we can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great location near the M5 but access proved a little confusing. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom spacious and spotlessly clean. Observed morning staff cleaning and polishing everywhere. Breakfast was adequate. Only quibble was difficulty with internet access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the team here helpful. Each team member is passionate about the level of customer service they deliver to our guests, I am sure they will share my delight in reading your review.

I am sorry you found difficulty accessing the free internet while you were here. We encourage all our guests to let us know if they have any difficulties connecting and we can rectify any issue. If we need to we will call this internet provider to ensure each guest gains access.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This holiday inn express is first class , clean friendly well run in fact on of the best Express we have stayed at recently. The breakfast was excellent . Good value, I would certainly book again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Exeter. We welcome all guest feedback and I am sure the team here will also be delighted to read your kind words as they are passionate about the customer service they deliver to our guests.

I hope our team can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in the Exeter area.
Thank you again for your review.

Buntingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights so enjoyed the comprehensive breakfast even if the scrambled eggs were better on the first morning.I found the rooms really comfortable and very clean. More expensive than a Travelodge but a much better stopover. It alsohas the added advantage of the Park and Ride into the city right on its doorstep. There is also the Barn Owl, a very good pub with nice food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you chose the Holiday Inn Express Exeter for your accommodation in the area. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night’s sleep.

Our location is perfect for travellers as we are just off the motorway with excellent links into the city of Exeter using the Park and Ride service from just over the road.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal at the Barn Owl, although we are not linked it is good to hear that our guests enjoyed their meal with them.

I hope we can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in Exeter. Thank you again for your review.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Due to a business trip, I spend two nights at this hotel. I must say that it was more that I expected. The facilities are good, the staff was very professional, since the arrival, they were very friendly and helped me a lot to giving me restaurants suggestions and directions, coordinating taxi and even helping me with the planning of my train travel from Exeter to London Heathrow Airport.
The room was very comfortable, the bed was excellent and even they have six different pillows textures! The free wifi internet connection was a blessing.
Breakfast is included, it is a small breakfast buffet with cereals, fruits, coffee, fruit juices, and hot breakfast, besides the selection of breads and croissants.

Definitively when I return to Exeter this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am so delighted to read another review regarding the team here in Exeter. Our team here are dedicated to delivering the best guest experience so it is fantastic to read they went the extra mile with you. Each member of our Guest Service team is passionate about the customer service they deliver to our guests, I am sure they will share my appreciation in your kind words.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon whether you travel on business or for your leisure