“Room booking”

Exeter Golf and Country Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Golf tee times are available to non members and golf societies. MEMBERSHIPS... Exeter Golf and Country Club offers so much more than just golf. Club members swim in our heated pools, get fit in the gym, play tennis or squash and enjoy precious time with family and friends. Our award-winning Wear Park Spa and Restaurant is open to everyone - you don't have to be a member, but you get 'mates rates' if you are! If you want to improve your lifestyle through relaxation, fitness or meeting new friends, Exeter Golf and Country Club is the place for you. Thanks to our 120 acre golf course and Georgian manor house, you'll even feel like you're in a country retreat, yet just minutes from Exeter city centre. Want in? Find out more.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Room booking”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I called at short notice to book a room to hold interviews. Claire dealt with our request and we were really impressed with her polite manner and prompt organisation. Thank you will definitely use again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Imogen M
ExeterGolfCountryClu, Manager at Exeter Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased you were happy with your room booking and that Clare helped organise your event at short notice. We are lucky to have so many rooms available with different sizes to suit most events. Glad to help and hope to see you again soon!

“Top drawer cream tea”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently visited the club with my daughter to take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer on cream teas. Overall I had a lovely time. The setting was beautiful and the staff were very friendly. The scones were very nice, albeit a little on the dry side. One thing I would say is that they could provide a bigger pot of tea as I only received hot water and 1 tea bag. I would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Visited June 2014
Hi Ros

Thank you for your feedback about the cream tea! Delighted to hear you enjoyed it so much and you had a lovely experience with your daughter. Appreciate your comments about the size of the tea pot and will look into this further to ensure they are suitable - of course, if you come back again, please just let us know at the time and we will ensure we sort it out for you there and then - same with the scones!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Visited recently with my girlfriend and her family who are members. We ate in the sports bar and the food was great, the steak was done just how I like it. The decor of the club is great, much improved from when I last here. We also had a wander around the gym, where the staff were helpful and friendly. If I lived down this way then I would definitely become a member!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Harris S
Thank you so much for your feedback! Delighted that you enjoyed visiting the club. We have worked hard recently refurbishing different areas such as the Sports Bar and the changing rooms and so your comments are great to read.
Thank you again.
England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lunch was gorgeous, service was excellent and staff very helpful and attentive. Very good value for money. Highly Recommend !!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Edna I
Thank you for your feedback about Sunday Lunch - glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Food disappointing”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a family lunch over Easter outside of the sports bar, after a lovely swim. I had Beef sandwich, horrible, couldn't eat it. My 8 year old had a cheese sandwich, that was from kids menu, was just 1 slice of bread, not enough for a hungry swimmer. My son had fish fingers, and chips, he enjoyed them but I wish the fish fingers were grilled rather than fried. My friends had fish salad they complained the fish was grizzly and were also disappointed. Also one fish salad arrived 20 minutes before the rest of our food.
We have to pay £30 on our memberships cards, but not sure I want to eat at the club again.

Visited April 2014