All reviews stained glass privilege room mercure brand car park lovely hotel close to shops city centre central station comfortable bed bars and restaurants reception staff nothing too much trouble checking out high street breakfast room air conditioning buffet style
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived here and was absolutely stunned at how beautiful the hotel is. Gill was absolutely fabulous on check-in and throughout the whole stay! This lady Couldn’t have made our time here more enjoyable. We ate here the first night and food was ok. Cameron was also fantastic and had a laugh with us in the bar and made us feel welcomed into the hotel. During dinner, a manager I assume, called Cara marched into the restaurant and shouted orders at Cameron (we was in mid conversation with the barman) which was really embarrassing and uncomfortable.. baring in mind we was the only couple in the restaurant! But never mind, we left. On return we had noticed a mini bus had parked in front of my partners van, which he needed moved so he could return to work the following morning. We spoke to cara who was extremely unhelpful “do you just want me to effing pick the van up and move it for you?” WOW! It got heated and she then continued to pretend to be on the phone to the police.. I was so shocked I burst into tears. I was here to celebrate my 21st not be verbally abused by a member of staff! Working in the same industry I know it can be stressful but keeping your dignity is key. I complained straight away to reception where we was given champagne in our room and a 21st birthday card. The van was finally moved after her knocking on several different guests doors (including someone who had just returned off a 16 hour flight) it wasn’t his van so wasn’t amused!! - when the very nice man who eventually moved his van, also said he’d had the same problem with this member of staff and said she was pulling temper tantrums all evening prior. How embarrassing? - bar all this, I enjoyed my time here and the rest of the staff was amazing. AMY GILL and CAMERON, thank you all who made my 21st special. Room was spotlessly clean and wonderful! Thank you very much, also to the night porter but we didn’t quite catch his name.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank 686eliseb
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Used a one night stopover on our way to Cornwall. We were very surprised by this city. Easy walking, our hotel was near a beautiful park. Lots of dining and shopping options as well. We will revisit Exeter for a longer stay when next in the UK

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We just had a one night stay here as were travelling onwards elsewhere but what a perfect location for Exeter Central train station...just across the road. The city walls, shops and Cathedral are within easy walking distance.
The hotel has a beautiful foyer, having previously been the Station Hotel, and is furnished with comfy Chesterfield style armchairs.
A grand sweeping staircase leads to the other floors ( there is also a small lift)
We had booked a Privilege bedroom and this did not disappoint, with a huge superking bed, large flat screen tv, robes, coffee maker, etc.
The bathroom was a tad cosy but had a lovely shower so all was good.
Our breakfast experience was excellent with a lovely selection of ingredients available, both hot and cold and there was also the facility to have cooked to order dishes such as Eggs Benedict/Royal and omelette etc.
All the staff were very friendly and I'm not surprised Gill has a mention in many TA reviews as she is an excellent member of staff who obviously is a "people person" and takes her guests' satisfaction very seriously.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely overnight stay here; a very nice hotel with friendly staff. We liked the location a lot; directly across the road from Exeter Central railway station, and literally 5-6 minutes’ walk to downtown Exeter and the staggering cathedral. Recommended!

Date of stay: September 2018
NBees, General Manager at Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Bob N

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and the team, and the Cathedral - I agree, it's absolutely beautiful and well worth a visit.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future

Nicholas Bees

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The hotel is situated in a convenient central location in Exeter. The room was big and very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was typical but you could order the breakfast you required. The whole decoration of the hotel was very nice and it was an overall excellent stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear YiannisM38

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and had an excellent stay.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon

Kind regards