Attracted to the hotel by claims of a rather expensive refurbishment, we were very disappointed.
The decor in the room was attempting to be stylish, but just wasn't.
It looked like they'd gone for a modern look, but not considered the functionality of the room.
What do you need in a hotel room?
* Space to put your clothes away
- There was one wardrobe with 4 hangers (although more were brought when we asked). There were no drawers in the room and one shelf at the bottom of the wardrobe which was full when we put our suitcase on it as there was nowhere else.
There was nowhere to put most of our clothes.
* An iron and ironing board
- Taking up a good chunk of the wardrobe, was the iron and ironing board. Unfortunately, the iron was physically attached to the ironing board, so adding water to the steam iron had to be achieved with bottles of water. Unfortunately, there was no way of emptying the iron when finished without taking the whole ironing board into the bathroom and it couldn't be hung (yes, hung) back in the wardrobe without being emptied as water would go everywhere.
* A comfortable bed
- We got two singles shoved together :-(
* Enough Toiletries in the bathroom
- There was only enough for one person and had to ask for more each day
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking