“Lovely Anniversary Stay”
Review of ABode Exeter

ABode Exeter
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. Staff were fantastic and arranged a room with a view of Exeter Cathedral as well as complimentary late checkout. Ate in the bar & grill (fine dining not really our style) which was reasonably priced and very good food. The room had the comfiest bed I have ever slept on! Excellent!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear ‘Jim B’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your first Anniversary stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Brilliant location! Our room over looked the cathedral which was stunning, plus you are right in the middle of the city. No parking but if you call in advance they will give you directions to a car park you can use for a reduce rate (ask at reception). You can drive right up to the hotel to unload.

It was really nicely decorated and we loved that the building was so old so had lots of charm (although it has a luxurious feel). Plus we had a huge (very very comfortable) bed.

I would recommend in an instant!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear ‘Olby1204’

Thank you for your review, we are all so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Matt

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Abode and can thoroughly recommned it. The location is pefect for visiting the center of Exeter and the surrounding area peaceful. The staff are excellent; welcoming friendly and efficient. I rate this as a good find.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear ‘Matt M’

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your second visit as much as the first and will pass your thanks on to my Team here in Exeter.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while enroute to North Devon. We had a luxury suite which was just magnificent with a wonderful view of the cathedral. Without exception all the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. We ate in the restaurant where the food and service was first class with an equally good breakfast experience the following morning.
This hotel is expensive but no more than you would expect to pay considering its rating and location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Be11aboo’

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at ABode Exeter. I will share your comments with all of the team who I know will be pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Matt

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed two nights work related. Efficient check in spacious room bath tub behind the bed?
Very comfy large bed. Two bars and pub to choose from plus bistro style eateries and fine dinning restaurant. Did not eat in as Exeter has an abundance of good places to eat. Recommended as nice friendly and perfect location.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear ‘NSTSAFETY’

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay this week, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

One night stay here last week. Excellent location opposite cathedral in centre of town. Didn't eat here as plenty of other choices nearby. Room basic but comfortable enough though mattress too soft as others have commented. Bathroom rather small and ridiculous basin which was about 6 by 6 inches so water splashed everywhere. Reasonable value given the location and staff were friendly and efficient. A service charge was added to one of my bar bills though this was optional and I hadn't agreed to this - a little underhand though it was only in relation to a couple of drinks and the service was good so I didn't complain.

Room Tip: I was opposite ship pub though on a quiet night so wasn't disturbed by noise. May be worth check...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ‘Andrew2001’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and noted all of your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked an Indulgence package plus an additional night for my parents.At time of booking we asked if possible if they could have a cathedral facing room.
They have just returned from their weekend and could not speak highly enough of their stay.As requested they had a room facing the cathedral and there was a bouquet of flowers in their room.
They were impressed with the decor and general cleanliness throughout.Staff were very friendly,welcoming and helpful.
At dinner the waiting staff were knowledgeable about the menu content and also a wine was selected to match their palate.
They were delighted with their staff and we were pleased that our gift proved to be a good choice.
We are planning our next visit as 2 couples later in the year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘JulieDevonUK’

Thank you so much on behalf of the Brownsword family for your review. We are so pleased that you chose us to celebrate your parents Anniversary. I will pass on your thanks to the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back later in the year, feel free to contact me direct for you next booking.