ABode Exeter
US$101
Hampton
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$116
US$99
Priceline
1,286 results
All reviewschampagne barroyal clarencemichael cainesdesirable roomroom overlooking the cathedralroll top bathcathedral squarehuge bedlovely hotelbeautiful cathedralnight's sleepstayed here for one nightwardrobeuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel and was then told I needed to park my car a ten minute walk away. However they do give you a discounted ticket for the parking. During the night, at 4am to be precise there was a constant banging noise. After sitting there looking and listening to try and find out what it was I had had no luck. I called down to reception and the night managers; who were both very pleasant and helpful, went on a search to find the source. They also had no luck so came and moved me to a different room.
The original room I had was a very nice room in it's self. However the noise from the rowdy teenagers out front along, with my bay window being right on the ground level for them all to pear in were a little intrusive. I had to sit for the whole evening with my curtains closed and the lights on.
All staff I came across were very pleasant and helpful but Jeeze were they noisy at 6.30am! After very little sleep I was awoken to the staff slamming doors about and laughing and talking to each other in the hall way outside the rooms. After finally getting to sleep at gone 5am this isn't really what I wanted! The facilities seem lovely, I was just here for one night on business so I did not make full use of them so unfortunately cannot comment.

All in all the hotel itself seems very nice however if you are looking god a well rested stat, it may not be for you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear ‘Nicola O’

Thank you for your review, I’m so sorry your sleep was interrupted during the night. Being in the city centre there is always going to be noise, we do our best to minimise this with secondary glazing and moving along people directly outside the hotel. We are planning further works to the Hotel early next year and looking at further ways to reduce street noise.

It is pleasing to hear that you felt my Team here helpful and friendly and I will speak to them regarding the early morning noise this should not happen and will take necessary action.

Once again thank you for your review, next time you are in Exeter feel free to book direct with me and I will allocate you a room higher up which would be less susceptible to some of the comments you have made.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed in room 210, which was a luxury double. Bed was huge and probably the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. The room was large with sofa, bath and separate shower/toilet. The staff in the bar were great, making us some very nice cocktails, and the breakfast kipper with poached egg was excellent. Only negative was the view of the extractors from the bedroom.

Dear ‘bearkin’

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I will share your kind comments with the team in the Champagne Bar. Please let me know next time you decide to stay so I can personally thank you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel recently in room 202 overlooking the cathedral. What a gorgeous view to wake up to! We had extremely comfortable stay and a very pleasant experience overall. The food in the restaurant was excellent and our waitress Natalie was very courteous and helpful. The bar staff were also very pleasant. Overall perfect location, gorgeous room and good service.

Room Tip: Room 202 was superb, luxurious, overlooking the cathedral and the biggest bed I have ever slept in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear ‘Mrs_Maxwell2014’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to hear such positive comments about my team in particular Natalie.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is well positioned in Cathedral Square. Good room, clean and well presented and with view of cathedral. Friendly reception staff, very helpful. Small gym but sufficient equipment for my needs. Did not eat in the hotel.

Dear ‘Graham H’

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at ABode Exeter. I will share your comments with all of the team who I know will be pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I signed up to Tripadvisor specificallly to make this review as this hotel and staff certainly deserves it. I travel extensively and appreciate how difficult it can be for a hotel to get every aspect right. However, each and every single member of staff from reception to bar and into the restaurant excelled themselves in their respective roles, this coupled with the high standard of the accommodation and housekeeping meant our stay could not have been made more enjoyable or more comfortable in any respect. Every now and again someone raises the bar a little higher and this hotel is one. Thankyou for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Suite 202, Fantastic bay windowed view of Exeter Cathedral
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear ‘Aaron L’

Thank you, what a lovely review and I know my team will very much appreciating your feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to ABode Exeter in the near future.

Matt