“A Wonderful break”
Review of ABode Exeter

ABode Exeter
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited for two nights during Easter week, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were beautifully looked after from check-in to check-out, nothing was too much trouble. I can also recommend the breakfasts, great quality and in a very relaxed environment. This is a great hotel for a little bit of luxury positioned right in the heart of the city, surrounded by good restaurants.

Our room, 202, overlooked the beautiful cathedral green, getting a room with a very is very much 'worth it' in my opinion. Ours was very well appointed with good air-con and the bed was very comfortable. It is one of the only hotel beds I have ever slept in where I have felt a little disappointed to find my self back on my own mattress. We didn't experience any noise as some other reviewers have flagged, our room had secondary glazing which worked a treat.

A note on the car parking - it is 5 mins walk from the hotel, but what do you expect in a city centre location, with a hotel looks out onto1000 year old cathedral in the very centre of Exeter!! The hotel rate at the car park is actually excellent value. When you want to leave the car park, reception issue you with a ticket (£10.50) to raise the barriers. This ticket can then be used multiple times within a 24 hour window allowing you to come and go without incurring extra charges. It effectively works out at £10.50 per day for city centre parking on those days where you want to use your car to access all that Devon has to offer. But if you stayed a week and didn't leave the car park once during that timethen a week's parking would still only cost you £10.50 to raise the barrier on departure! ( I think I have got that right... and to my mind it is an excellent service, justifying the short walk.)

Will be returning soon...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear ‘Chris H’

We are all so pleased you enjoyed your Easter Break with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to ABode Exeter in the near future.

Matt

There are newer reviews for ABode Exeter

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is in the perfect place next to the cathedral, the staff are very helpful and the room I had (212) was small but clean with everything you could need. Breakfast was really good wih lots of options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear ‘Suzanne R’

Thank you for your review, I’m really pleased you both enjoyed your short break with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I spent one night at the Abode in Exeter. The hotel was lovely, and extremely reasonable. We had a great view of the cathedral from our room as well which was gorgeous. The only downside was having to park 5 minutes away. We would happily recommend the Abode and look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Craig_Lashford’

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to ABode Exeter, we are all so pleased you enjoyed your one night stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel and was then told I needed to park my car a ten minute walk away. However they do give you a discounted ticket for the parking. During the night, at 4am to be precise there was a constant banging noise. After sitting there looking and listening to try and find out what it was I had had no luck. I called down to reception and the night managers; who were both very pleasant and helpful, went on a search to find the source. They also had no luck so came and moved me to a different room.
The original room I had was a very nice room in it's self. However the noise from the rowdy teenagers out front along, with my bay window being right on the ground level for them all to pear in were a little intrusive. I had to sit for the whole evening with my curtains closed and the lights on.
All staff I came across were very pleasant and helpful but Jeeze were they noisy at 6.30am! After very little sleep I was awoken to the staff slamming doors about and laughing and talking to each other in the hall way outside the rooms. After finally getting to sleep at gone 5am this isn't really what I wanted! The facilities seem lovely, I was just here for one night on business so I did not make full use of them so unfortunately cannot comment.

All in all the hotel itself seems very nice however if you are looking god a well rested stat, it may not be for you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear ‘Nicola O’

Thank you for your review, I’m so sorry your sleep was interrupted during the night. Being in the city centre there is always going to be noise, we do our best to minimise this with secondary glazing and moving along people directly outside the hotel. We are planning further works to the Hotel early next year and looking at further ways to reduce street noise.

It is pleasing to hear that you felt my Team here helpful and friendly and I will speak to them regarding the early morning noise this should not happen and will take necessary action.

Once again thank you for your review, next time you are in Exeter feel free to book direct with me and I will allocate you a room higher up which would be less susceptible to some of the comments you have made.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed in room 210, which was a luxury double. Bed was huge and probably the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. The room was large with sofa, bath and separate shower/toilet. The staff in the bar were great, making us some very nice cocktails, and the breakfast kipper with poached egg was excellent. Only negative was the view of the extractors from the bedroom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘bearkin’

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I will share your kind comments with the team in the Champagne Bar. Please let me know next time you decide to stay so I can personally thank you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel recently in room 202 overlooking the cathedral. What a gorgeous view to wake up to! We had extremely comfortable stay and a very pleasant experience overall. The food in the restaurant was excellent and our waitress Natalie was very courteous and helpful. The bar staff were also very pleasant. Overall perfect location, gorgeous room and good service.

Room Tip: Room 202 was superb, luxurious, overlooking the cathedral and the biggest bed I have ever slept in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at ABode Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear ‘Mrs_Maxwell2014’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to hear such positive comments about my team in particular Natalie.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is well positioned in Cathedral Square. Good room, clean and well presented and with view of cathedral. Friendly reception staff, very helpful. Small gym but sufficient equipment for my needs. Did not eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Graham H’

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at ABode Exeter. I will share your comments with all of the team who I know will be pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you back.