Hotel Buckerell Lodge
US$80
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
US$112
US$104
Mercure
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$82
Queens Court(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$84
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscity centrebus stopour night staywedding receptiongood sizefunction roomweekend breakwedding venueduty managerboth morningsplenty of parkingmain roadrestaurant staffcooked breakfaststayed for two nightscomfortable roomfull english
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a twin room on a voucher deal. We had 2 course dinner with a bottle of wine, b&b for £99 for two.

Location was good, easy to find and £6 in a taxi to the centre.

Room was very clean, tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer, iron, safe. Very comfy.

Evening meal was fine, not amazing standard but for the price it was good. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice.

Staff were great, very accommodating and friendly.
All in all, for the offer price I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Bristolhols2014
Roger H, General Manager at Hotel Buckerell Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Buckerell Lodge and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on some future occasion

Roger Heale, General Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Had a lovely break at this hotel. The room was very comfortable, as was the bed. The only complaint was a rather lumpy duvet which needed replacing. Really good sized room and bathroom. Excellent shower. Food was really good, especially the evening meal we had. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WelcombeSue

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Buckerell Lodge, although I have noted your comment about the lumpy duvet.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on some future occasion

Roger Heale, General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Never been to Exeter for pleasure always business, wanted to see what Exeter offered for a holiday experience. Booked via "Buy a Gift.com" which my daughter bought us for Christmas. Could not be simpler, telephoned the number provided from hotel web site and booked. Upon arrival which was early 10:00am just to let the hotel know we were here, receptionist was friendly and Courteous and booked us in there and then, she explained that the room was not ready yet which I expected and to tell the receptionist on later room 2 and just require the key. Arrived back at 4:30pm picked up key and discovered room.
Room was of reasonable size, not cramped, ample furnishings, bathroom was a surprise plenty of room to swing a cat. Room came with patio and although not separate from other rooms, no one other than myself used it. The decor of the room and the hotel was very good and all staff we encountered where again courteous and helpful. The weather in February was absolutely freezing however, the hotel was lovely and warm, sometimes to warm so we had to open the window. The location of the hotel was perfect and the centre of Exeter was a few minutes by car, be advised car-parking charges within Exeter were somewhat steep but this was nothing to do with the hotel.
Breakfasts where excellent, piping hot and plentiful. We booked an evening meal deal £39.00 for the two of us and included two courses with a bottle of wine. The first night the evening meal was a little disappointing, but the second evening the menu changed little so again that was disappointing.
Overall the hotel was very good and I would definitely stay there again. Exeter is a great place to spend a couple of days particularly out of season, plenty to see and do. We chose to take the train to travel around and spent a great day out travelling by train to Torquay and Dawlish. Beware if doing this St David’s station car park charges are tolerable for up to 4 to 5 hours but for all day we had to purchase 24 hours of parking for £9.90, the only consolation was we found 50p in the returned coins tray.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan L
Roger H, General Manager at Hotel Buckerell Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Buckerell Lodge although I have noted your comments about he dinner on both evenings.
Roger Heale,

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed here on a 2 night deal with first night dinner did an upgrade for £20 per night to a larger room,Really good clean room kingsize bed,Meal in hotel was 3 course inc house wine,good selection for food and very happy with the meal both of us really enjoyed the food,Breakfast was also exellent with good selection of hot and cold food,Hotel a 15-20 min stroll by river into center,Staff very friendly and attentive also free wifi which is rare in most hotels,

Room Tip: Go for upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Buckerell Lodge following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read your kind comments and will make sure that these are passed on to my team.
With kind regards
Roger Heale

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I'm staying here because it's close to the hospital where my husband is having a major operation. Arrived on Tuesday to a cold room (No. 5). I asked 4 times for the heating to be put on. Yesterday there was no heating whatsoever and have woken up this-morning to a cold room. I'm here for another 10 days! For the price I'm paying I expect better.

Room Tip: Don't book into room 5
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments during your recent stay with us. I know that we spoke regarding these and I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay
With kind regards