“Credit to Tom unforgettable!!!!!!”
Review of The Halfway Inn

The Halfway Inn
Ranked #125 of 524 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: View, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Halfway Inn, runs a tradition pub lunch menu, with a Gastro A La Carte menu for evenings, both menus specialize in Seafood with fresh daily deliveries, all our desserts are home made, even the ice cream.You will be sure to receive a warm welcome, with every member of staff ready to make your experience comfortable and memorable for all the right reasons.Thank you for taking the time to visit or write a review on Trip Advisor.
cornwall
“Credit to Tom unforgettable!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Excellent food and excellent service!! Tom looked after us extremely well and helped to add something extra to our friends birthday celebrations!! Thankyou

Exeter, United Kingdom
“daughter treat”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We decided to treat our daughter to a SPECIAL meal following her school report, so we decided to book this establishment.
We booked for 7pm and were welcomed by friendly staff who took us to our seats.We chose one special, a steak for our daughter and the mixed grill for me. The fish special was not as good as we expected with one of the fish choices (3 intotal) being overcooked and the portions being quite small. On the other hand the mixed grill was huge and very tasty as was the steak. Only two deserts were chosen due to the sixe of the grill ! both my wife and daughter chose the sticky toffee pudding. Both were very nice except there were two date stones in them which perhaps should not of been. Overaal a great night which my daughter loved.

• Visited March 2013
“Outta this world”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Took my family to this restaurant for a meal on Saturday. Wow is all I can say, I had the tasting of pork which was just delightful and my wife had the salmon 3 ways cooked to perfection, my sister had the spiced gnocchi which she very much enjoyed ant the brother in law had the giant mixed grill, we all followed up ous meals with a trio of ice creams, a lemon tart and an sticky toffe pudding all with homemade ice creams and sorbets! Very much enjoyed our host Tom Webb great chap! Keep up the good work guys.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lunch time visit....”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Some colleagues & I visited today. We received a very warm welcome from the lovely lady on front of house.

The food was very good & beautifully presented. My colleagues had lasagne and fish & chips which looked lovely. I had the crab sandwich which came with fries & garnish. I was very impressed with the amount of crab in the sandwich, some establishments can be tight but the amount I got was very good.

Just 2 comments as way of a suggestion....
1/ I only received white crab meat in the sandwich but personally love a combination of white & brown crab meat. Any chance of the customer being offered a choice?

2/ My sandwich & fries came on a flat wooden board, so whilst putting vinegar on the fries it ran everywhere. Any chance the fries can be in a bowl to avoid this happening?

I would definitely return to this friendly pub & would recommend the lovely food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RachelAA
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Booked a meal here for 2 of us. Excellent food, service and location, best pint of abbot ale I have had for a longtime. Couldn't fault anything, highly recommended.