“Tasty food”

Ranked #91 of 562 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Halfway Inn, runs a tradition pub lunch menu, with a Gastro A La Carte menu for evenings, both menus specialize in Seafood with fresh daily deliveries, all our desserts are home made, even the ice cream.You will be sure to receive a warm welcome, with every member of staff ready to make your experience comfortable and memorable for all the right reasons.Thank you for taking the time to visit or write a review on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Really good food and family friendly, the staff could not have done enough to please us. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Colin S

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited for a meal with old friends; we haven't had a meal here since it was refurbished, but will definitely be back. We had a table in the corner, right by a window with stunning views all the way over beyond Exeter, so we were able to watch the sun setting over the distant hills - if anything it was a bit warm for the first hour! Service was quietly efficient - just the right tone of relaxed friendliness without being over-attentive. Food was excellent - if I have any quibble at all it is that I would have liked my vegetarian friend to have had a little more choice, although what he did have (tagliatelle) was good. I don't understand other comments about portion sizes, as I thought they were fine - not cheap and cheerful mega-plateful pub grub, but a perfectly good serving of very good food. Absolutely perfect for a quiet evening catching up with friends and we look forward to bringing other friends and family here in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Visited here today for lunch, opted for the 2 courses £10.
I chose the steak pie, asked what the veg were - told (only) red cabbage which I hate. So chose again, this time the sausages and mash which came with fine green beans.
so, why could I not have had the beans with the pie??
Portion size a bit small, but food was tasty.
Really nicely refurbished, particularly liked the seating in the decking area.

1  Thank SianBExeter
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited for a birthday dinner after having previously made several lunch time visits.
What a difference! The ambience was good, the staff friendly, efficient and polite. The food was good too - but the portion sizes were dire and ruined the evening. The guy on the opposite table asked his wife after paying "What now - Take Away?"
An attractive presentation of the meal - but a table spoon size portion of potato, three french beans and one carrot cut into two strips is not good.
It's rather subjective, but this was the first time for years I had three courses - and I still came away hungry.
Even more disappointing was that I said all this at the table (on paying) and emailed the restaurant - but no comments!
Lunch is the better option.

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I called in here during a tour of the West Country. We parked in the spaces behind the pub as we had come from that direction. Going in the entrance at the back made it difficult to find where the bar or restaurant was. Once found the service was good, the food above average and prices reasonable. One of the tables overlooked a window into the kitchen, quite a novel idea. Atmosphere was pleasant, several local couples having lunch after a trip into Exeter I guess.Would certainly go again.