“Always good value”

Ranked #90 of 518 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Always good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I visit often. Great value for a chain restaurant.
Two big bowls of ramen noodles soup to warm us up. Very consistent.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cullompton, United Kingdom
“Tasty lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Another pleasant lunch here - food always cooked fresh & to a good standard, it's a shame the service experience does not match this standard. Very rushed - our tip for dealing with this is to order drinks & starters & politely advise the waiting staff (who will not leave you alone until you order your main) that you will let them know when your ready to order your main - not the norm for this restaurant as it does feel a little like a canteen in & out in the least amount of time! However for a quick, tasty lunch (chilli squid & chicken Katsu 'yummy') it's perfect.

• Visited February 2014
“Something amiss.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in other Wagamamas and found the service here not up to standard. Also this restaurant has to be the most uncomfortable I have been in for a long time, it made me think of a modern take on a canteen but with service. I was there with my partner and we could not say it was enjoyable as a couple, you feel very open to other diners and have no privacy to sit and chat. Not a convivial atmosphere. We usually go to Wagamamas when in Leamington Spa with family and the difference between the two places is so noticeable. I want to feel relaxed when I eat. The Wagamas menu is standard but comparing Exeter to food had at a different Wagamamas the standard of the actual dishes is not the same but the price is so my husband and myself will give this outlet a miss in future.

Visited January 2014
Devon
“never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

What a rip off. I have just paid £9+ for a bowl of rice with grated cold carrots and water cress and a small portion of chicken. The whole meal was tasteless and very poor value. My husband had a noodle soup which he said was bland and not as good as he gets at Tyepyedong. This restaurant is very overrated

• Visited January 2014
“A party to remember...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was how parties should be... they even sourced some Christmas crackers for us as we were all too busy during the actual period. Great wine and a large menu choice. I chose the party menu but we weren't restricted to it. As someone who chooses not to eat anything with legs the yasai gyoza side and yasai chilli men main course were more than enough and I shared the small taster portions of the passion fruit cheesecake, chocolate fudge cake and white chocolate and ginger cheesecake. We may have been a bit loud and hearty for the other diners if it hadn't been a Sunday night in mid-January and the Wagamama staff kept us in check. Mary rules! I shall return soon and leave a big tip!

• Visited January 2014