We stay at Premier Inns a lot. Some find the corporate image of the rooms and the lack of what some people would consider the personal touch off putting, we find it reassuring, particularly when you have children in tow. You get a guaranteed standard always at a good price. I was unable to get a breakfast included rate here which we usually go for - I am not sure if this is specific to this hotel or just wasn't available on the night we stayed.
We stayed for one night whilst in Devon. The hotel is situation opposite St Davids railway station, about a 20 minute walk from the city centre. The hotel was comfortable to the usual Premier Inn standard. Rooms were well maintained. We had a family room, which we have found in the chain can mean a nice large room with 2 extra beds, or a standard double with 2 extra beds squeezed in - this was the latter but suitable for our needs, although if we'd been staying for more than 1 night things would have been tight. View was of the neighbouring building but despite being near the train station and on a reasonably busy road there was no noise disturbance.
Service was pleasant and professional if lacking the warmth of other hotels we've stayed in. Breakfast was to the usual high standard.
As other people have commented the biggest draw back to the hotel is the lack of car parking. They provide good advance information of where you can park locally but all of this is payable so you should be aware of this. We parked directly opposite the hotel in the train station car park which, during the weekend, was a reasonable £6.90 but free parking would obviously be a better bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel has 102 bedrooms and is situated just 100 metres from Exeter St David’s train station, there is no parking available but chargeable parking is located nearby. Our Hotel has everything you’d expect - comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. We provide for our guests:· Clean and comfortable rooms · Warm welcome · Eat as much as you like cooked and continental breakfast (£8.25, £5.25)· Great food and drink at reasonable prices. Thyme Restaurant, our restaurant, is located within the hotel, which provides all guests and the community with good food and drink at reasonable prices. Opening Times · Restaurant open 6pm-10pm · With nearly 600 hotels, Premier Inn is the UK’s largest hotel Chain. Premier Inn features: Our Rooms · En-suite bathrooms· · Remote control TV with Freeview· Fogarty pillows and Hypnos mattresses · Air conditioning · Tea and coffee facilities · Heat control · Hairdryers · Spacious desk area. Our Hotel · 102 bedrooms · 24hour reception · Restaurant (Hot breakfast and dinner)· Straightforward pricing (price per room not per person)· WiFi access (charges apply)· Self check in kiosks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel Exeter
- Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel Devon