“Good stay”

Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a very good night at the Premier Inn. I used the dining room which lacked professionalism and attention to detail. Other wise it was very good. The staff were generally eager to ensure the stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ExeterCentral, General Manager at Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Peter

Thank you for taking the time to post, We are delighted you had a great night sleep here with us, also like to thank you for the feedback about the restaurant, I will be looking in to this regarding the attention to detail and professionalism and feedback to the Food and Beverage Manager to look at some improvements

I look forward in welcoming you back in the near future with a more Professional touch

Kylie Monsees

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

service from staff was excellent, we were attending my dads funeral. staff were friendly and understanding, went out of their way to make things as easy as possible for us. we chose this hotel as it was close to funeral .

Dear Janice

We remember you! Thank you for your super review, - and I’m delighted that you had a great stay with us here at Premier Inn Exeter St Davids, Even though it was for such a sad occasion

It is such a pleasure to hear my staff where excellent; we hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed last Saturday and arrived quite late. Sat down in the restaurant just after 9.00pm
Started well with good service from the waitress who seemed to be the only person doing anything, other staff were looking to her for guidance.
I know the restaurant closes at 10.00pm but usually that means you don't take any new customers. On this occasion the deadline arrived while we were eating our main course. We found ourselves sat with the dirty plates and completely ignored for quite some time. I eventually went to the bar and after a long wait spoke to the only person serving who informed me that the waitress's shift finished at 10.00pm and she had been allowed to go. So that was it end of service for its remaining customers, no explanation, nothing. Service to rival a fictional establishment in Torquay.
I think the management need to be reminded that they are in a service industry. it felt like minimum service to satisfy a balance sheet at the expense of the customer. I was a bit surprised as I would normally pick a Premier Inn and normally enjoy great service but not on this occasion

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This Premier Inn was great. Their English breakfast is great value for money and delicious. We stayed in a double ensuite room. The location was ok, but you have to walk a fair way to reach central Exeter. The bed was warm and comfy and facilities were excellent.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chrissie

Thank you for your review and taking time to post. It's always good to have feedback from our guest’s experience, from all my team we look forward welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Amazing value for money and very clean and efficient. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Perfect location right opposite Exeter St. David's station. Décor was warm friendly and welcoming. Tea making services were spot on and beds v comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ExeterCentral, General Manager at Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Nicola

Thank you for your lovely review " Excellent Hotel". It was a pleasure I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our facilities to the full Guaranteed relaxation. We'd love to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend. Very clean new hotel. Nicely decorated and relaxing feel. Only ate breakfast but was good and plentiful. Very friendly staff. Only problem we had was the card keys did not work every time we went to room, we had to have them reprogrammed each time which was annoying. I would recommend though for good value for money and location.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Dawn

Thank you for you comment regarding your recent stay with us, I am pleased you had a lovely weekend, however I would like to apologise that you had issue with your key card during your stay. I will have look into the key system to check it is in working order to prevent happening to any of my further guest.

It is also nice to receive comments regarding my friendly staff and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Everything we needed and wanted
Lovely breakfast nice clean hotel and room
And good value
Can't go wrong here!
Also went to starbucks in high st
What a dump!!!!!!!
Filthy dirty
They give you paper cups because all the cups are left on the table
People having to move them from table to table to get a seat
Never going back to any of their shops
And cannot comment on trip adviser about them!!!!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Gustav219

Thank you for your review and taking time to post. It's always good to have feedback, However I can not comment regarding Starbucks. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward welcomeing you back soon.