“Usual Premier Inn standard”

Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Usual Premier Inn standard”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed one night and found the bed extremely comfortable, the room was slightly dated and the shower is over the bath but dispute that was adequate. There is no parking at this premier inn, only on road, I ended up 2 streets away which was not convenient. The staff were great, the meal deal is worth looking at.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ExeterCentral, General Manager at Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Steve

Thank you for you review, I would like to apologise regarding our parking arrangements at Premier Inn we always try to accommodate all guest, I have passed your comments regarding our parking arrangements for you. However I am pleased that you found my staff friendly. I hope you will still consider us in the near future when visiting Exeter.

Kylie Monsees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends for two nights in February for just 35 quid per person per night. We were visiting Exeter primarily to watch the Saints play the Chiefs and there were plenty of other Saints fans in the hotel.

This hotel, like the Premier Inn group, knows its target market. This is no frills accommodation, but everything about the spotlessly clean room was entirely satisfactory and the staff were friendly. I left thinking the hotel was good value for money.

The location was handy for Exeter St David's Station but the city centre was a 20 minute walk which was fine for us albeit it might be a long walk for some.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hawkinge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here when visiting daughter at Exeter university and at end of term to bring her home. Convenient location opposite station and 10 mins from university. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful, friendly and professional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for you comment regarding your recent stay with us, I am pleased you had a lovely time visiting your daughter at Exeter University, It is also nice to receive comments regarding my friendly staff and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was booked in here by my company, for a 2 night stay. Pleasant efficient service, Clean rooms and public areas, lovely bathroom which makes the difference for me when staying away from home. You know what you are getting and what they do they do very well

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Geoff

Thank you for you comment regarding your recent stay with us, I am pleased you feel our service was efficient; It’s always lovely to hear about my hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a good middle-of-the-road Premier Inn. They are all pretty good now - most have had a makeover, or a fairly new - so the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the breakfasts are good. No surprises - but when you are travelling for business you probably welcome something familiar and reliable! This place is very handy for the town centre (just a short walk up the hill) and the train station - but therein lies the only issue...parking! The parking is very difficult to find and expensive. Don't park in the station car park across the road - go past the hotel a bit (through the mini roundabout) and you'll find fairly cheap (£3 a day) on street parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank UKRO
moseley
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great little hotel. Usual Premier Inn standard. Comfy beds, clean and quiet with friendly staff.
Unfortunately on our second night the shower jammed as we were getting ready to go to a party and we couldn't turn it off. We called reception and the lovely Ben (manager?) came immediately. When he discovered there was a fault with the shower he disconnected the water and helped us move to an identical room next door with the minimum of fuss. All sorted within half an hour. We then received two complimentary breakfasts and a letter was posted under our door the next morning to remind us and to apologise again for the inconvenience.
Problems can arise in any hotel. The mark of a good one is how well they deal with them. Ben was a delight. Give him a promotion! The rest of the staff were lovely too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank suzie71
ExeterCentral, General Manager at Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Suzie

Wow Fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Exeter Central St Davids Premier Inn, I do apologise that unfortunately your shower jammed. I am so happy Ben delivered and came immediately to help rectify your problem. Its always a pleasure to hear my staff exceeded I will Personally coagulate Ben on his hard work and ensure a reward for his fantastic customer service.

We really hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Porthtowan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I travelled up from Cornwall by car - I hate driving for more than an hour.
there was a warm and friendly greeting. Everything was explained to me and I felt very relaxed. I had the meal deal which was excellent value - the steak was done just right and I wasn't rushed 100% customer service. Now sitting in bar area typing this as asked if I could as waiting for a train to arrive which wont be in till later - no problem was the reply - nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
did have to pay to park in the station car park as no parking at the hotel but thats to be expected as near the station !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your super review - and I’m delighted that you had a great stay with us here at Premier Inn Exeter St Davids, It is such a pleasure to hear my staff where welcoming and helpful, I will pass on your comments to my team and congratulate them on her hard work.

I'm also really pleased that you enjoyed our facilities to the full Guaranteed relaxation. We'd love to welcome you back in the near future.