“Usual good standard”

Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is very handily situated directly opposite st David's station.
Very popular with business people and it was totally full when I stayed. Rooms, service, value were all good and of the usual high quality I have now come to expect from the premier inn brand.
If I was staying more than 2 nights I would probably not choose this hotel, but for a 1 or 2 nighter this is perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid the road side rooms as they can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Exeter Central St Davids Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was here last week for a 1 night stay. Was early (ie pre 2pm+ check-in) and just asked to check my bags so I could get off to the City (for an Exeter Red Coat tour) but they were enthusiastic about getting me checked in anyway = ie very welcoming.

Couldn't be more convenient for Exeter St David's railway station - ie across the entrance car park and next to the 20 minute 'uphill' walk to City centre.

Otherwise everything you'd expect from a Premier Inn.

Only two negatives I'd raise about the hotel:
- my room on the North side of hotel had weak 2G mobile reception on my EE, O2 & Vodafone devices, although once outside the hotel my phone was back to full 3G+. I suspect that the lie of the land (the hotel within a hillside to some extent) and hotel construction materials may be at play here.
- it is obviously very convenient for Exeter St Davids railway station, and while a return train ticket for the 2 mins to Exeter Central is cheap, just 70p with a Network card at weekend, there are some long gaps in the timetable - eg 20 minutes = the same as long/uphill walk+.

Local drink/eatery tip: Follow the uphill walk towards the City Centre, across the zebra crossing and to your left is a very large JD Wetherspoons pub in its own grounds just 5 mins walk away.

Room Tip: If you need good mobile phone reception, maybe worth speaking to reception staff about the issue and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

OK soo its a Premier Inn and you are not going to have any shocks regarding features and facilities. However, this PI is boosted by a good restaurant and attentive and caring staff. Bedrooms are well maintained, aircon works well and the location is convenient for the City. Well done all round. No parking though so watch charges on the street or the station car park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in Exeter for a wedding so it was important for me to be able to get ready with suitable facilities - well-lit mirrors, plenty of plug sockets for charging camera, phone, using my hair straighteners etc... This is why I like using Premier Inn as I know what I am getting. I've always found them to be clean but this one was exceptionally clean! I was directly opposite the railway station car park, which is on a main road & yes it was a bit noisy if the window was open but they obviously have very good double glazing as it was lovely & quiet when I closed the window. I stayed for 2 nights - nothing woke me & apparently we had a fairly loud thunderstorm at 4am...!!! Choice of soft or firm pillows & bed was very comfy. Staff nice & friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PlanetERF
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Well done everyone.
Made welcome in a very comfy hotel.
Right opposite St Davids railway station. Quite a walk uphill to the town centre.
Very large weatherspoons nearby that gets very crowded with university students.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank busybodies
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner a couple months ago. The restaurant is great the staff are friendly and the rooms were spotless! Great location, just a short (uphill) walk to the town. We had a great stay and only had to cross the road to catch the train!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy J
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We expected a good hotel, but were really taken aback by the staff's friendliness and availability. The room was exceptionally clean and surprisingly quiet ( odd numbered rooms on second floor did not look onto the busy square so there was no traffic noise). The location was excellent for those coming by train, and for those who do not fancy a quite steep walk up to town there is a frequent bus service. The walk alongside the waterway starts just behind the station and is well worth taking. one small problem was that there was no razor plug in the bathroom,but there were 3-pin plugs aplenty. We look forward to future visits.

Room Tip: For tranquility avoid rooms looking out onto busy square.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple