Free cancellation until 27/07
US$112
US$131
US$120
  • Pool
Exeter Court Hotel(Kennford)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$81
US$93
US$88
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$92
US$83
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$88
US$85
Travelodge Exeter M5(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$65
Travelodge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

All reviewscity centrebeds comfypark oppositeuniversity campusquiet roadgeorgian houseb and bquiet areamin walksitting roomone nightroom was cleanexeter stcooked breakfastnice staybed and breakfastgreat position
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I probably didn't research this well enough and although I didn't have high expectations I found that this place met them.

Ok room at the top of narrow suitcase unfriendly stairs. Paper thin walls, I was woken up by the guy next door snoring after overhearing his phone conversation earlier, tiny TV screen not much bigger than an iPad, which is ok cause I don't watch much, but others might not like it.

Shower which will only suit a person under 5"6 and they don't even put shampoo in the shower. You have to specially ask at reception.

I didn't make breakfast either day as the first day the earliest start was too late and the second day it stopped too early to suit me so can't rate that part.

Although on the second day I got to the breakfast room a little late they were serving coffee to the people there. To my question "I know I'm late for breakfast, so don't expect but but may I have a cup of coffee?" I was told no, it's after breakfast and this is our coffee.

I means how hard would that have been?

Anyway the owner came out later and offered me coffee - but by that time I just thought, really? and said very politely no thanks.

Bad attitude, risk it if you dare

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Walter P
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We recently had friends down to see us and as our house was full and the Park View is close to us, we stayed there. Could not have liked it better, especially the excellent breakfasts...The sausages especially are fantastic, much better than most B&Bs.

Next time our house is full, we'll stay there again!

Room Tip: The area is very quiet with good views front and back...but the back is just a tad quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We booked this hotel for my daughter's graduation in July 2013. On its website the hotel describes itself as charming but it everything but. The amenities are old fashion and worn-out and the decoration ghastly. My en-suite was a box carved out of the room with everything inside looking extremely cheap and white colour that turned to yellow with age. But the worst was rudeness of staff and the owner. Breakfast was served by a very grumpy man. When we attempted to leave the hotel we found the exit blocked by a 4x4. I had to carry my bag above my head to fit into the small gap between two cars. When I complained to the owner she simply answered that she allowed a guest to park the car there. I hate to think what would have happened if we had to exit the building in an emergency.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Ewa B
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed for just 1 night, owners very welcoming on arrival. Although a little dated, very clean, and beds very comfy, although our room quite small, and no plug socket near mirror, so awkward to dry hair, small point, but important to some of us ladies. Breakfast was very good, and plentiful. Very good location, 10-15 min walk into city center. Overall Good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference recently. This is a 3 star rated guesthouse close to Exeter St David's Station and the University. Here's what you can expect:

Facilities: I had a personal bathroom for use just outside my room which was clean and enough for my requirements. There was also a sink in my bedroom. There is a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities which are replenished daily. Shampoo is available on request but shower gels and bars of soap are provided. Irons are available on request. There is no hairdryer provided. There is a communal sitting room for all guests with a few magazines, board games and books to browse. Lots of literature about trips and tours available was available in the main lobby.

Good points:
VERY good value for money.
Good breakfast choice with speedy service (there was no skimmed milk available but soya milk is provided).
Friendly and efficient checking in and out service.
Only 5 minutes to the town centre and St David's Station (although it is quite a steep walk from the station).
Quiet and I had a lovely view from my room. The room was a good size and very clean. The bathroom was also very clean.

Limitations:
The bedroom got quite cold overnight.
The bed was quite short-taller people would find difficulty with it.
I needed to run the hot water tap for some time in the morning before it heated.
I personally did not have a bath but this is not a problem for me. You would need to check what facility is specifically available for your bathroom. I believe some bathrooms are en suite and some are shared between guests.
My bedroom was at the top of the building with very steep stairs to climb. This would not suit someone with mobility issues. There is no lift or stairlift.

Overall: I had a really relaxed stay here and would definitely book again for future Exeter trips. It is cheap, functional and fulfills the basic requirements of a B&B. At 3* it may not be the swankiest B&B around but this is to be expected and the great service, cosy atmosphere as well as the price more than makes up for it. I would only say that for those with restricted mobility to discuss the room and access with the owners properly before deciding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business