“A piece of class”

Timepiece
Ranked #14 of 50 Nightlife in Exeter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Timepiece Nightclub, Exeter's half decent night club.
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A piece of class”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a marvelous establishment. Always a hub of melifluos joy, "The Ringpiece" is so much better than it's uncharitable nickname suggests.

Come one, come all!

Visited January 2013

Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
477 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4,252 helpful votes
“OK but why not accept card payments”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Fine place for clubbing, on a Friday night it was busy and a good atmosphere. Bar service was quick but there weren't any cheap drinks deals (£2 for a bottle of lager as a special offer is not good). The other annoying thing was that they did not accept card payments of any type - there was a cash machine downstairs but I object to paying £2 to access my money. I'd have happily bought a round of drinks using my card and say met a £5 minimum card amount, but this wasn't even an option so I ended up spending less than I might have.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank chammp
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Timepiece-DON'T GO THERE!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I love the place. However the night I went in my final year of university, the female bouncer didn't give me a stamp so no chance of re-entry. I tried to argue that I had already paid but was thrown out with a sore wrist. AVOID!!!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Harry B
Devon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Total dive - never again!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I arranged my birthday weekend in Exeter (I love the city) and wished I had picked a different club. We went on a saturday night and regretted it the moment we handed over our £5 at the door.

The place is a dive, really dingy and dirty. It's full of students (I'm only 28...) and the dance music was so mindless and tuneless you couldn't even dance to it. How about a bit of variation?

The only decent thing about this club was that it was busy (why?!). We would have left early if we knew of somewhere better to go!

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Thursdays the night!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Well when it asks you to rate the 'interest' & 'sights' wasn't sure what number to give as it's a night club :P lived in Exeter 3 years and will religiously go Timpiece over Thursday, if love RnB & Hiphop then that's the night. Ok Venue, drinks cheap, staff rushed (as you would expect) but still actually give you the time of day which is hard to come across in clubs! Big smoking area and a nice downstairs for people who want it abit quieter.