“OK”

Ranked #113 of 555 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Used to visit The White Horse regularly before the refurbishment. This was the first time since, and although the transformation is excellent, I cant say the same about the food or service. We were shown to our table, the waitress didnt point out the Specials board or inform us that someone would take our drinks order, so we sat not quite knowing what to do, 15 minutes later the barman came over and asked for our drinks order. He took our food order, my husband had the Roast Beef and I ordered the Scallops wrapped in bacon. The roast has definately shrunk since the refurb, the vegetables were very poor in quantity. The scallops were tough and the salad, although I asked not to have coleslaw was smothered in coleslaw. Not one point during our meal did anyone come over to us and ask if everything was OK. For what we had it was very expensive, will not be going back

1  Thank cookie250

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I absolutly love The White Horse and can't praise its food enough. I have been here on several occasions - and I am always asking my boyfriend when we can next go back.

The food is simply superb, and the chefs have been more than willing to make a couple of amendments to their dishes to suit my tastes (I have been known to be a little fussy with my food!).

You must try the Stilton Sauce - its the best thing I've ever tasted!

The prices may well be a little more than average - but I would certainly pay that little bit extra as the food is of much better quality than any of the other pubs I have tried in the Exeter area. The portion sizes are also very generous - which is good if you are hungry!!

The pub itself is beautifuly decorated, with ever last touch thought of. I love the bright orange fresh gerberas they have on each table - giving it a very contempoary feel.

I celebrated my Birthday here last year, and had a party of about 25. We pre-ordered our food and as soon as everyone was seated, the food all came out at the same time, and everybody was saying how good it tasted.

Its got a great outdoor seating area in the summer, and a childrens play area, and a nice big car park.

Overall I would reccomend this pub to EVERYONE!! The menu and drinks choice is HUGE, so you are bound to find something you like!

3  Thank lollypop101
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Nice food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, reasonable prices, always have a good specials board - what more can one ask for!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Lovely , relaxing surroundings and fabulous food. Friendly service and a huge menu choice.

1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I normally come here with colleagues for special occasions. I would not personally go out of choice if it was out of work hours.
Yes, the pub has been renovated and looks so much better than before and yes, the staff are pleasant. But I don't know how they justify the prices charged. Everything is alot more expensive than other similar establishments, but the quality is no better. I recently had a panini that comes with a dollop of coleslaw and a salad garnish. This cost £7.25. My colleague had chilli & rice. This was £10.95! Another colleague had a burger with bacon and cheese - this cost £10.45! I really do think the food is very overpriced for what you get...

3  Thank RachelAA