“5 nights in August”
Review of The Jays

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exeter
The Jays
Ranked #32 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
“5 nights in August”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had the privilege of spending 5 nights at The Jays whilst I did some exams at Exeter Airport. Jan and John were brilliant hosts and couldn't have been more welcoming. The village of Whimple has very little mobile phone signal but luckily this B&B has superfast wi-fi so sending iMessage's or using skype was possible.
Breakfast was great and I recommend the poached eggs if you visit.
Overall, great value for money, lovely period house, fantastic hosts.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Jan and John are brilliant hosts and make you feel at home! Really nice cottage home with loads of character. It is in the centre of Whimple right by a shop and two pubs. Bedrooms were cosy and had a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was made to order, very filling and very tasty! Overall a very nice stay! When I go back down to visit my family I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Watch your head on the beams!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Derby
Reviewed 27 August 2012

2nd time I've stayed here and Jan and John could not be more welcoming. Feels like I'm staying with friends rather than at a B & B. Breakfast is always delicious and with a great choice. Couldn't get enough of the homemade jams! Stayed in the same bedroom as last time and couldn't wait to get into the comfiest bed I think I've ever slept in. John went out of his way to give us a lift each morning and pick us up late at night. The B & B itself is a beautiful cottage which only adds to the warm atmosphere. I'll be staying here every time I'm down this way as I'll always be sure of a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia E
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Sorry not to be more inventive but the previous reviewer says it all. A delightful B&B run by a delightful couple. Wonderful breakfasts to set you up for the day. The Jays is in the centre of a busy village but still exudes an air of calm and quiet. Having previously sampled food at both village pubs we were not keen to repeat the experience so went to the Golden Lion at Tipton St John where we had an excellent meal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolyndaw
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Jan and John were brilliantly welcoming hosts and run a really great B&B. You get a comfortable room, delicious breakfast (made to order by John) and free WiFi.
I chose this B&B as it was relatively close to Escot Park in Devon, home of The Levellers' Beautiful Days festival. John very kindly drove me to the Festival each day after breakfast and then picked me up late each evening, which in my view was above and beyond any "call of duty". John is also involved with Exeter Rugby Club having been a player and teacher - so rugby fans will find a kindred spirit! I really felt that I was at home while away from home, so I recommend this friendly B&B/Guest House very strongly.

Room Tip: All rooms have colour TV and use of shared bathroom
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo