“A perfect place to stay whilst completing a flying training course at Exeter Airport”
Review of The Jays

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exeter
The Jays
Ranked #34 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A fantastic place to stay and only a 5 minute drive from the airport. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfy making it an ideal place to study and sleep. Jan and John couldn't be more hospitable and the breakfast in the morning is outstanding. There are two good local pubs for an evening meal or there's a fridge and microwave in the cottage to cook your own. There is always safe parking outside on the square or a train station which is a one kente walk away.
Would definitely go back for future courses.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Formby, England
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just enjoyed a quiet weekend stay in Whimple,John & jan our perfect hosts made us feel at home from the start.
Following a good nights sleep we were treated to a breakfast you can only dream of, setting us up for the day. Thank you will see you again.

• Stayed April 2014
Wiltshire
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Like a few others, I stayed at The Jays whilst completing a training course at Exeter Airport. Location-wise, it is perfect, only five minutes from the airport. John and Jan are superb hosts and made me feel truly welcome. The room was full of character and the bed was really comfortable and there was a terrific wifi connection. The breakfasts are stunning, everything you would hope for from a proper English B&B but the quality of the food is exceptional. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014
Bazouges-La-Perouse, France
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were looking for a B & B in Whimple for two nights in August and The Jayes was recommended. We were so pleased we chose this charming B & B. Jan & John the owners are lovely warm people and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room we had was very comfortable and clean and the choice of breakfasts were amazing, top marks for the bubble & squeak. On arrival John booked a table at The New Fountain Inn for us, where we had a very warm welcome and home cooked food, good pub grub. We also visited The Thirsty Farmer and once again a very warm welcome, good food and good service. We used the train in the village to go into Exeter with the help of Jan who supplied us with the times. A very enjoyable relaxing couple of days in Whimple.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had the privilege of spending 5 nights at The Jays whilst I did some exams at Exeter Airport. Jan and John were brilliant hosts and couldn't have been more welcoming. The village of Whimple has very little mobile phone signal but luckily this B&B has superfast wi-fi so sending iMessage's or using skype was possible.
Breakfast was great and I recommend the poached eggs if you visit.
Overall, great value for money, lovely period house, fantastic hosts.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Jan and John are brilliant hosts and make you feel at home! Really nice cottage home with loads of character. It is in the centre of Whimple right by a shop and two pubs. Bedrooms were cosy and had a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was made to order, very filling and very tasty! Overall a very nice stay! When I go back down to visit my family I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Watch your head on the beams!