“Typical cinema”
Review of Vue Cinema Exeter

Vue Cinema Exeter
Ranked #10 of 24 Fun & Games in Exeter
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Liked: comfy seats, good selection of snacks and ice cream on offer.
Disliked: overpriced tickets if you don't visit on a Wednesday and get 241.

Same as any other Vue in the country to be honest, but very nice anyway and always clean

All reviews
"buy tickets"
in 3 reviews
"ticket desk"
in 2 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
"movie"
in 4 reviews
"queue"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We visited "Vue exeter" today for the first and last time. We had been given a Vue Cinema gift card for Christmas so decided to go to watch "Captain Phillips". We couldn't book online as we had gift card and you can't use it to book online. We thought that with there being 8 screens it wouldn't be a problem. How wrong we were. It was only on in Screen 4 a very small screening room. The only seats available were normal seats right at the front on ground level. Row A which only has 9 seats across and is about 10 feet away from actual screen so you have to look up at an angle. You are so close the picture quality looks like amateur video footage and jumps about because of closeness. How they have the nerve to charge £9.80 a seat for seats that are TOTALLY unsuitable to watch the film from is a complete disgrace. As I said first and LAST visit to this cinema.
Also reading back of gift card it says "Vue Cinemas" have the right to deduct £1/month after 18 months for every month card is not used so BEWARE if you buy this for someone who lives 25 miles away from a cinema and can't visit on a regular basis.

2  Thank Devondizzy50
Reviewed 8 August 2013

As you would expect from a relatively new complex the quality of funishings/screens is pretty good and the "normal" seats are comfortable. You get a bit more leg (and bum!) room with the VIP seats. I usually book online and the process is straight forward plus you can choose your own seats this way. We've watched normal and 3D films at The Vue and the screen quality is good. We don't buy any food as it is expensive - but then cinema food always is in my experience. Staff are friendly and the loos are usually clean and tidy. I prefer this cinema over the Odeon even though it is more expensive, I'd rather sit in here for two hour and the other one.

One word of warning, if you are not familiar with the area don't park in the nearby NCP car park on Belgrave Road it is unbelievably expensive. A better option would be the carpark off Heavitree Road/Russell Street and it is just a few minutes walk away.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I thought the cinema visit was average because you can watch a film anywhere to be honest, and I felt that the ticket prices were slightly ludicrous. However, the seating was comfortable and the screen was adequately large! I was also slightly deafened but I suppose that contributes towards the cinema experience! I had a good time there nonetheless.

1  Thank Hannah M