Globe Backpackers
US$80
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$105
US$107
US$94
Priceline
All reviewstoilet showersbed dormcommunity feelrest your headstayed for two nightsenjoyed my stayshort staytown centreaccommodation
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The staff were lovely, I didn't come across any 'rude' staff during my stay. Although it was a short stay for a gig in Exeter, I thought the place was perfect. The 'living' area as you walk in consists of tables, seats and sofa's for people to hang out and there were plenty of people on their laptops when I was there.

There is a good sized kitchen to cook in, good toilets and a TV room with sofa's and a good sized TV.

The rooms are just fine, clean, well made beds, clean floors and sides and private shower rooms.

Everything you could ask for in a hostel, perfect for young adults.

Any time come and go, we came back at 4am and had no problems. There is a bell if you need a member of staff at the reception!

Very close to high-street (5 min walk) with big shops, restaurants and local attractions, with plenty of bus routes. One thing I will say, is you can hear a lot of traffic outside as you are next to a busy road, but that's what you get for staying in a hostel in the middle of a great destination.

Great price, great quality, thanks Globe Backpackers Exeter!

Room Tip: We stayed in a private room, my friend and I, for £20 each. Two single beds and HEAPS of room, as its usually a 4 persons room with a bunk bed also. Bargain
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SophieMarieql
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Staff were rude, inconsiderate and felt the need to keep our deposit for being slightly noisey when returning from a night out! Rooms are shoddy and noticed a lot of flys and insects just freely roaming around please consider other places as the price to stay here is expensive and you have a good chance of not seeing your deposit back

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Constanttravel2
rockside1, Owner at Globe Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

What this group call 'slightly noisy' consisted of them having a fight in their room where someone got badly glassed!!! urinating in a wardrobe and all over the carpet, harrassing girls in a seperate dorm and then being ejected by the police at 3am. As a consequence, the blood and urine covered carpet, together with the urine covered wardrobe had all to be replaced, the room was unable to be let out for 4 nights making a total cost cost of more that £600. And this chap has the audacity to complain about us!!! The fact that he would not recommend us to any of his ilk is to be rejoiced, and he and his chums are barred!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Had a lovely stay there for plenty of reasons: shower room was super cool; kitchen was quite spacious; staff were friendly & fellow backpackers during my too-short stay were nice! Exeter itself is a wonderful city. And the Globe being near the Quay is defo a big plus!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was my first stay at a backpackers and I'm glad it was at Globe.

Staff
The staff were really friendly and they made my stay fun. They were welcoming and were very helpful. As it was my first time in the UK, they told me all the places to visit - not just in Exeter but also all over. They never failed to clean the kitchen every night.

Facilities
The beds are double bunks in the mixed dorms. The room I was in was carpeted. There was a full length mirror, towel rack, windows (that actually can be opened and closed), small tables (about 1 for each bunk bed that serves as a bedside table) and lockable doors.

The bathrooms were amazing. I didn't expect them to be that good to be honest. I think they were newly refurbished and are very modern.

Although the toilets in the ground floor were not the same standards.

The kitchen, as I mentioned above is cleaned every night. They have an oven, microwave, fridge (no freezer) and a pantry. A sink (of course), kettle, plates, utensils, pots and pans. They have a free basket food where you can donate and get free food.

Stairs vs Lifts
There are no lifts... I didn't have a 'backpackers backpack' so I had to lug my luggage up the stairs. Which is fair enough since it IS a backpackers.

They have a lounge with entertainment like board games, a TV room, selection of DVDs and FREE WIFI. They have no computers so you would need to have your own laptop/tablet.

Room Tip: You can request to be in an all girls/all boys dorm but you must do this in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Myself and three friends have just stayed in this hostel and it was absolutely great! I found the two members of staff who we dealt with, both on arrival and leaving really friendly and helpful. The room was absolutely lovely, really big with tea/coffee making facilities, really clean and nicely decorated and was really reasonable. The shower rooms/wet rooms were lovely and lots of them. The whole place had a lovely welcoming atmosphere and I would have happily stayed longer. We would DEFINITELY go back there if visiting Exeter again. Thank you Backpackers! :-)

Room Tip: We had room on the top floor, big double bed and bunk beds (purple one in the picture). There was a little traffic noise as we were in the front but nothing to worry about. We unfortunately had some loud people down below but I think we were probably in the best place on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends