We stopped off at exeter to break our journey from Derbyshire to Cornwall. we were pleased with this Premier Inn, the rooms are arranged around a quadrangle which serves as the hotel car park, this keeps everything seperate from the adjoining pub.The roads around the closeby roundabout were very busy at rushhour but was quiet at night, the rooms are also quiet if you get the wing furthest from the road as the other wing blocks any traffic noise. Our room was huge , a corner room on first floor off its own short corridor, only let down by old CRT television and lack of channels. PM are offering 30 minutes free wi-fi before charging but mobile and data signals are very good here so dongles or smart phones get good reception.
We had a good experience in the pub for our evening meal and breakfast was good, the man in charge was very friendly and helpful. Only let down by hot water from thermos flask rather than the usual machine so only just hot enough for tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Follow the River Exe into Exeter from this quiet spot and enjoy scenic views and quaint pubs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel Exeter
- Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel Devon