“What it says on the adverts!”

Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Midlands, UK
“What it says on the adverts!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Excellent room, totally quiet, great location, good price - can't fault it. Access to all areas of interest in Devon is immediate - it is 5 mins from the M5. Only downside is the Beefeater pub - there's no noise, but the beer isn't great and the meals were average. Darts Farm is just down the road though, good for a breakfast.

1 Thank Palaeolithic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Modern clean, comfortable value hotel. Helpful staff. Good adjacent bus services into Paignton and Brixham. Good restaurant and free parking. Made cheap booking in advance, very good deal. Full price wouldhavebeen twicetheprice

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very good location for travelling and excellent facilities. Good quality room and service. As always value for money and staff friendly. The beefeater next door was good standard pub grub and the breakfast was plentiful.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I travel all over the UK with work, using Premier Inn's as my accommodation all the time.
This makes me more aware when things aren't quite right, well In this case very wrong.

I stayed at countess wear just over 2 years ago and remembering then thinking that it couldn't be far off its refurb renewal. Well, it's still waiting!
This hotel is tired, worn down and lifeless. Yes the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable as always, but the rest of he place needs serious TLC.

This particular visit was a bad day at the office for the hotel.
On arriving, reception staff were lovely, friendly and bubbly...perfect.
The same however could not be said for the beefeater staff.
I was using he meal deal voucher which seemed the garlic to the vampires! I was told there was a 15 minute wait, this actually turned into a 50 minute wait for my starter alone!! I was then told, after finishing it, my steak would be another 15 minutes , with a short "sorry bout that!"
For a beefeater the steak was average. That's the best I can say sorry.
I decided to take my desert to my room, where I found a piece of foil half way down my lemon Sunday! I just gave up at that point.

The next morning.
I had to step over 2 slugs right outside my bedroom door (which was opposite a door into the car park) to make my way to breakfast.
The girl serving was "shy"?? Didn't say much and left me to get on with things, I ordered bacon, 2 poached eggs and plum tomatoes , the tinned ones she said, yep their the ones I smiled!
Below is the photo of the cremated bacon I got with 2 "grilled" tomatoes slapped on a plate, I ate my eggs and watched my bacon shatter as i touched it with my knife!
i left as I couldn't see any staff to tell.....turns out she was chatting to her mate on reception!

Really disappointing stay but it will not stop me from using premier inn again, but I may just avoid this one.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Highfx
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The room was spotless, the bathroom gleaming and the bed comfortable. A lot better than the Travelodges we stayed in on the same trip and worth spending a bit more money. Car parking was easy and the people on the desk were very helpful.

Try walking down the main road to the river/canal and then walking into Exeter Quays down the canal - about 3 miles and a lovely walk.

Would undoubtedly choose to stay here again when we next visit our daughter at university

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

A quick check in with the guarantee explained. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfy. The staff went out of their way to resolve a noise issue with the room nextdoor at 5am! I didn't even think about asking for a refund as it was outside of the hotel's control, but was offered and issued without me bringing it up. Customer service was exemplary. The breakfast was varied and tasty. The only thing that let it down was only two coffee sachets in the room, but then I am a coffee-holic. I would definately reccommend stay there in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wyre75
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Finding the entrance to the Inn was not easy. Recption staff were great. Room was good, clean and comfortable. WiFi was very slow but connection was easy. The 'Meal Deal' was a big mistake. Staff treated us as sencond class citizens when they found we were on the deal. Service was slow, food choice was very limited and staff were actually unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StuartClem
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Exeter (Countess Wear) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.