“Fantastic Family Pool”

england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic Family Pool”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Another great session spent at Topsham Pool by myself and my family.
We having been coming here for years and cant fault anything .
One of our most favourite ways to spend some family time .

Visited May 2014
8 Thank debzharry

uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“great pool, lovely staff - hidden gem”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

we recently moved to the area and spent this last summer down the pool most weeks. I cant say enough good things about it - so nice to have a warm, safe, clean and friendly facility in the area. Staff are always friendly, changing room always clean and love the fact they dont use chlorine so when you get out no smell etc. We took our 1 year old there and it was perfect - also the lifeguards would put in a rope for lane swimming when we asked which was great. cant recommend highly enough.

Visited September 2013
9 Thank travellerslegs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dangerous”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I visited Topsham outdoor pool in July 2012, we had a party there on a sat morning, although the pool is lovely the lifeguards do not do their job, my 3yr old son jumped in at the 3metre end with no armbands fully clothed, I saw this and jumped in to save him! 4 lifeguards on duty that morning 1 opposite me another next to me! Not 1 of them saw or helped me save him, get him out, or attend to his injurys and shock afterwards, disgusting he could of died! We were placed at the deep end by a victor meldrew lookalike who is an extremely rude and vile man! There was a talk between myself and the lifeguards after when I told them how disgusted I was with them, however this yr July 27th my daughter decided she wanted to go again despite what had happened my son was now a yr older so cautiously we went back. I did try to call the pool several times to see if this was ok, as they do hire the pool out for parties but only at 8pm! Far too late for little ones so I decided to come along on a sat with members of the public on a sat like I was advised last yr. I only ever got an answer machine and left endless messages with no reply back. We arrived and were immediately questioned by victor meldrew lookalike as to what I was doing what the box was etc, told him party food in boxes and have come to swim, he wasn't going to let me in! Said they had a massive committee meeting after last yrs incident and decided that wasn't going to happen again, so practically refusing me entry to what is a public pool! Anyway we managed through his severe rudeness to get in, where his rudeness continued onto other parents and we were looked at sneered at talked about and watched like hawks! Last yrs incident was their fault any child can jump in the pool at anytime! Its a lifeguards job to notice this, it only takes a second, luckily.i was watching my child, good job I was otherwise he would of drowned! I was made to feel guilty like the whole incident was my fault. So people be warned the pool maybe lovely, staff are rude, ignorant and the lifeguards aren't trained properly, if they were they would if saved my son, noone came to my rescue to get him out or afterwards. Disgusting! Also lied too, told I couldn't of left messages as they didn't have an answer machine U trying ringing it guys utter lies, truth is from my messages they knew we were coming and prepared themselves to act the way they did, lets see if the express and echo are interested in this story! Shame on you unsafe pool and rubbish lifeguards who sit and pick their toenails than watch your kids!

Visited August 2012
8 Thank lolly33333
Exeter, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“clean pool”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

nice outdoor pool, virtually chlorine free, crystal clear, less than 30 people when I went, 1/3rd of pool roped off for the 'olympic' swimmer still loads of room for kids to play, water temp was 28 degrees due to solar panels on roof, would recommend it highly and am going to become a member, also do water aerobics and twice a week have a giant slide for the kids

Visited July 2013
6 Thank kjb3301
Exeter, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Good fun in outdoor pool”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This place is outdoor pool, so on a sunny day is perfect. Cheap to swim but does get busy. Carpark near buy and Thopsham is a lovley place.

Visited August 2012