“Fun, quirky, fab food”

Hotel du Vin Exeter
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Spent a Sunday night here on a special offer - we were upgraded on arrival to a Feature Room which was fabulous. We loved everything about the place - iPads containing all the hotel info, gorgeous REN toiletries, the inside/outside pool (very romantic on a dark, cold December night). We will definitely return next time we come this way

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyvoyagerEngland

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week last year and when I had a night in Exeter recently, I didn’t bother looking for other options. This time I managed to have a bit more free time on my short stay and got to enjoy the small pool in the hotel. A mix of inside and outside it is very relaxing and very nicely done – probably not too much fun if crowded but great for the small numbers usually in there. The hotel remains really cool – but in a way that is welcoming and warm, not snobby or aloof. The staff almost manage to get the mix right of appearing relaxing but at the same time giving really good service.

The rooms and public areas are comfortable and very nicely designed. The building is beautiful but as before it is best to assume the hotel has no parking since you’ll never get one of the handful of spaces around it. There is a public car park nearby and depending on your time of arrival and exit, it might be free – as are the streets to the rear.

It is a very cool place and I can’t see a time when I stay in Exeter and don’t stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have been to the Chapter on several occasions for afternoon tea and meals. My son purchased a voucher for me to try the Spa facility. Sadly I stupidly threw the £60 voucher away with a load of envelopes received on my birthday.
He contacted the Chapter asking if they would issue a replacement as he had proof of purchase and the number of the voucher proving it hadn't been cashed in. They refused as it wasn't their policy and would not budge. How disappointing and short sighted the policy is. So basically they have taken £60 of my son's hard earned cash put the cash into their system and I have nothing to show for it. We run our own business and thank goodness we don't treat our customers like this. I certainly would not go back to the establishment and would not recommend the staff attitude.
No we didn't demand, we stupidly thought that the voucher would be honoured without threats or flying off the handle. Bad management and policies. Beware if you ever misplace a voucher

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This has been our second stay here and third visit to the restaurant, What more to say other than great rooms, tasty food at excellent prices and friendly professional staff.

Hopefully during the summer a visit to the spa will be in order.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been here now a number of times for cocktails before dinner and at the end of the night. They have great service, the place is brilliant and the staff lovely with AMAZING cocktails. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

wow what an improvement in the spa. I came to the spa in January for a pamper day with my sister and was most disappointed in the general attitude of the spa staff and the treatments were average. we returned on thursday for my daughters suprise birthday and we had the most amazing treatments, the staff were friendly and they seemed far more organised and proffesional. great improvement thank you so much for a great day we will be returning in January

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed on business for one night. The rooms were nice - the bathroom was super clean and the shower really good.
The braised ox cheek I had at dinner simply melted in the mouth - divine!
I would echo some comments here regarding slower service in the bar but we did OK

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business