“Turned my business trip into a one-night holiday!”

Hotel du Vin Exeter
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the honest feedback I shared with the GM of The Magdelan Chapter post-stay:

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for the incredible experience and service I received at The Magdalen Chapter Hotel in Exeter last week. I wouldn’t dream of staying in another hotel in the area and am already looking forward to my next stay.

I think my personal Facebook message, tagging myself at the hotel upon check-in, says it all!

May 13: Okay, let me just recap on the best check-in of ALL TIME: greeted by delightful lass standing at what was definitely a carving of an enormous walnut; room upgrade; complimentary drinks in minibar (that sound was me popping a Heineken), personal iPad to control everything in my room and on my account... free wifi, cable, coffee machine (with bickies). Oh, and they had a charger to lend me after my journey took over 5hrs. In Heaven — at The Magdalen Chapter Hotel, Exeter.

Honestly, I travel globally and within the UK regularly and this truly was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. Heartfelt congrats and well done.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels I've stayed at in the UK. From our reception at check in through to checking out it's impossible to find fault.
The atmosphere at the hotel is very personal and informal which leaves you thinking you are not actually staying at a mid-size hotel. The building, an old eye hospital, has been tastefully renovated and retains some of it's original features. We were staying in a standard room, which was very modern, clean and easily spacious enough for 2. A nice touch was the complimentary mini-bar.
All of the hotel facilities can be booked via an iPad which you are provided with for use whilst you are there along with instructions for air conditioning etc...
We didn't use the Spa but it looked very nice, we had a couple of drinks in the bar. The cocktail menu is very good, especially if you can get them in the 2 for £10 offer.
All in all a great hotel, well worth a stay if you are in Exeter. It's also within an easy walk of the city centre, shops and Cathedral and only a 15 minute walk from the Quay.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I really liked this hotel. The building is amazing - wide spaces, high ceilings, ... My room was spotless and tastefully decorated. A bit on the small side, but more than enough for one person. The restaurant was also quite good, both for dinner and breakfast, and the bar is a very pleasant space. The service is also friendly and efficient. The only negative was noise from people walking up and down the corridors, from the elevators and the room above me. The hotel was very busy, the guests not very careful and the insulation probably not the best. I was there for business and had ear plugs, so it did not bother me much. But if I had been trying to rest I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I can't fault this hotel - the rooms are modern and spotless - free iPad, wifi, minibar, coffee machine and top toiletries. The staff couldn't be more helpful - when I arrive with my bike, they safely stored it. We were surprised to see a nice bed and water for us AND our dogs in our room. Understandably dogs aren't allowed in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast but the staff reserved a nice table in the library - again with dog bed and water! What's more the dogs George & Tilly Beagle were brought sausages for breakfast - spoilt!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for a night on our way to Truro, and we were really pleased that we did. Very modern and warm/friendly hotel with nice touches such as getting an iPad to use and pristine bed and bathroom. Nespresso coffee machines in the rooms too. Breakfast was wonderful too, and well worth the extra few pounds. We had a couple of spare hours in the morning and enjoyed sitting and reading in the library. Housekeeping were kind enough to even post my forgotten washbag back to me, for no charge! I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay here after a genuinely warm welcome on arrival. Room upgrade offered was great, and the room was clean and well appointed. Bar for pre dinner drinks was a bit chaotic, but restaurant and dinner were good with interesting food choices. In spite of being warned that breakfast would be very busy it wasn't, so a relaxing breakfast before checking out. Again a helpful, no fuss experience and a genuine and warm farewell from the young staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the best I have visited. The rooms are so spacious. They are fantastic. The service is out of this world. The food is very good. The service is just five star. I can't say nothing bad about this hotel. It just has the wow factor I will be going back happy guest

Stayed: April 2014