“Really lovely place”

Ranked #39 of 565 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing choice of drinks and high-quality food- I had the burger and it was huge!! Would really recommend

1  Thank alex w

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stopped by on a whim for lunch and I hadn't done any research into the place so I had no idea whether it would be any good. I was very pleasantly surprised. We sat outside in a very pleasant garden that was pretty with plenty of seating. Inside it was a very typical old pub, a bit dark and very woody but you can't knock them for that, old English pubs are what they are. The food was really good and the waitress and bar staff were also really pleasant. Good prices for the food that was served and dog friendly (always my favourite aspect!) We will definitely come back again and thank you to the staff for such a great service.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

What a lovely atmospheric pub with such friendly staff. We did not realise how easy it is to get to from turning off the A38 to Kenn / Kennford. We all had a different main course, which were fabulous: my father-in-law enjoyed his beer battered fish and chips, a delicious duck dish for my mother-in-law, a scrumptious Venison chilli which my husband adored and my favoursome comfort food of lamb and bacon. We will definitely be going back there again as only a short distance from our home; also the quality of the food was excellent.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

This pub has it all, easy access from main roads but nestled in a small and attractive Devonshire village. It is everything a country pub should be. A warm welcome from all the staff, first class food ( we had lunch there),Nice choice of real ales and extensive collection of gins , traditional decor and a genuine , unpretentious working pub ambiance. ( i.e. no TV or slots, or if there were they were very discreet) . Good value . I wish it was my local.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the place for a family meal. Even though the main menu looked mediocre there was a good specials menu available. I had a caramelised fig tart and a treacle tart for pudding. Both were exceptionally tasty. Lovely friendly staff. Six out of six of us eating were happy so this cannot be a coincidence. Highly recommended!