“Best Burgers in town?”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: urbanburger is a family owned and family run business in the heart of Exeter, Devon. Suitable for children of all ages, meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, coeliacs and fussy eaters.All burgers are hand-made in urbanburger's kitchen using locally sourced Devon meat and all are cooked to order. Delicious food at excellent prices.
Exeter, UK
“Best Burgers in town?”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

2nd visit in a couple of months - thought we may have been disappointed as we'd enjoyed the food so much the first time, but happily it was just as good. Friendly service and delicious burgers. Good value too -the three of us each had different burgers with chips with drinks (coffees/lager/milkshake) for well under £40. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2014

Devon
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Delicious burgers and great enthusiastic staff, enjoyed the nostalgia of a coke float! And the build your own burgers menu is a good addition, will be back

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I came here tonight (13.03.14) with a friend for an after work dinner. We both ordered our burgers & chips and they came out without 20 minutes. I ordered jalapeños as an extra as I like things hot, my friend ordered coleslaw as a side. I noticed almost immediately that they hadn't given me any jalapeños and on second glance, the ham was extremely rare. To be fair they didn't ask me how I wanted it cooked but being that a lot of people don't like blood in their food, I feel as though they should of asked me how I like it cooked. My friend didn't like her burger much either and she said her coleslaw was just tasteless cabbage. We forced ourselves to eat most of it as we were starving and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of reordering with the lady who didn't understand much English.

It came to nearly £30 in total - minus the jalapeños which I made sure they took off, but we did also have a vodka each. Fair price if it was a nice meal.

Afterwards we went down stairs for 2 cocktails each. The first one, Jamaican coconut rum was nice but the second "elderflower" cosmopolitan wasn't great. We ordered it because of the elderflower yet failed to taste it, it was basically vodka, cranberry and a lot of lime!

Whilst drinking our cocktails down stairs we were told by the barman that we had to move seats in 40 minutes because that section of the bar was reserved from 8pm.

We left, to never return.
Go to Ruby's down the road. Far far better.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank RyanP19
torquay
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived a bit later than expected due to trying to find parking but the staff were very friendly and told us not to worry. The service throughout was excellent-we had an American lady serving us and she provided superb customer service. The food...well, I can't wait to go back and try a different burger! All cooked fresh, which you can taste, the burgers, chips and desserts were delicious and moreish! Cocktails were great too. Very reasonable price and I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank singinmummy
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Valentines meal”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We had a really good valentines meal at Urban Burger. We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who was attentive throughout. I liked the fact they have a choice of Gluten free items on the menu. The food was scrummy and you get big portions. We owned up to the fact they missed our drinks off the bill and the waitress thanked us for our honesty and gave us our drinks for free anyway. Will definitely be going back

Visited February 2014