“Superb day!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go Ape Haldon Forest Park

Go Ape Haldon Forest Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The classic and original Go Ape experience. We'll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain's most breathtaking scenery. We think everyone has the Go Ape spirit just waiting to be unleashed! There's no greater rush than the great outdoors, so whether your tribe is a stag do, birthday party, corporate event or simply a day out with the kids, we make our courses as fun and as accessible as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Superb day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Was brought here by a works team building day, it was fab!! We had a group of 24 and we all went round together. Very scary at times and a little tough but I will definitely come back again!! Thank you for a brilliant day!

5 attraction reviews
“Fun up high in the trees!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Brilliant experience good for families who like heights and adventure with 5 levels there is every thing you can think of in these Trees!!!

Bristol
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

If swinging around on ropes and zip lines is your idea of fun, this place is hard to beat. There are 5 zip wires and one tarzan swing as highlights. It does take a while to get used to being so high and you are responsible for clipping yourself on correctly eventhough there are signs and instructions.
If you go off peak and it's a bit rainy then you will have a lot more fun and less queues. You might even be allowed to repeat the sections you like the best, if you can find the entry points again. We did several sections twice and had twice the experience. Well spent £30.
Tarzan swing is a good one, has about a 2 meter freefall.
Thank you to all the staff, who are really helpful and friendly.
Parking is about £3. Good mountain biking in the forest too, if you have the time and energy left. Toilets in car park are free.

1 Thank northern_birds
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a great afternoon, we went as a Hen Party and I can't praise the team enough. Max and 'Safety Ben' were 5*. Excellent service and explaining the safety to us gaggling woman.

Loved it all and would highly recommend it!

Thank you guys.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun Filled Morning! Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was taken to 'Go Ape' as a surprise this morning, as I've heard such great things & wanted to go for a while. It was better than a excepted, lots of fun!

We had an 11am slot, perfect for those who like it a little quieter, we arrived at 10.50am.
I was a little bit surprised we had to pay for a car parking ticket, but luckily enough a lovely man gave us his all day ticket.
There is a lovely little restaurant/cafe & toilets with picnic benches & lots of lovely places for photos.

We walked over the to 'Go Ape' hut & were immediately greeted with happy smiley staff, who seemed just as excited as we were.
We were lucky it was lovely sunny day, so i wore just legins & a baggy top, i would recommend anything comfy, as you will get a little warm up there & trainers. I took a jumper incase but the staff popped it into a cubby hole to look after.
We got a safety briefing & shown exactly what we had to do with a practise run, i was very happy with this as a little nervous, you soon get the hang of it.

The staff really are fabulous, after my equipment was on & the group was about to start, i needed the toilet, (OOPS) the staff were lovely & told me they would pop my harness off & come back when I'm ready, we came back & headed to the trees.

First you will climb up a ladder onto platforms & begin the fun! The zip wires were my favourite & the views were stunning! I took my phone, but when we were up there we were told we couldn't use them as it was dangerous, naughty i no but we carried on using them for photographs etc.
When i go again i will use something to attach my phone/camera to my neck. I would recommend to bring a phone, lots of funny moments!

I didn't find any of it, too physically difficult, I just wasn't to sure on the ladders, I'm just lazy ha!

We paid £30 each & i would 100% go back & recommend to anyone, couples, families or friends, it was a lovely morning full of giggles!

Have fun & Enjoy!