“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The New Taj Mahal - CLOSED

The New Taj Mahal
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brussels, Belgium
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Good value for money. Great quality food. Friendly staff.
Try the chef's suggestions. We have eaten here several times and were never disappointed.

Visited February 2014

Exeter, United Kingdom
“best in exeter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Ok so it was a quiet Tuesday night when I visited but never the less the food was excellent, cooked to order and very tasty. The service was attentive without being annoying the Draught lager Cobra and Kingfisher was crisp and cold and just right to go with the very nice Lamb Madras and chicken tikka masala

• Visited February 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“banned after no food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

for a long time my partner and I have been eating here for the buffet, tonight was terrible. there was no food. 3 times we asked (this is from 8pm) for food to be refreshed finally at 9pm they said no, they are finished, this was after food being cold and what was on offer was only sauce I asked what time they closed. 11pm 4 new people had just walked in.
after asking to speak to the manager he was clearly not trained in customer services. after telling us we were not welcome back I threw him a tenner and walked out.
my partner and I have been having quiet moans for a while, like you ask for a jug of water and ice you get a glass no ice, you are not allowed a clean plate, I mean really? you cant be bothered to give a returning customer a plate? . this place is going down hill food and customer service!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 13061977
“The worst buffet I've ever been to!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had a buffet back in August 2013 and have been putting off writing a review. But my experience was so bad that I think it's only fair to warn others to not keep their expectations too high. I am not a complainer. I love giving praises and recommending good places to friends, so it pains me that I have to write a bad review about this place. I went for a Sunday buffet as a walk-in guest and when I asked the waiter if the buffet was on, he asked what time I would like to come, which was silly as I was already there, waiting to be sat. When I finally sat down, I had to wait for a very long time without being told that they were not quite ready yet. Good thing I was enjoying my glass of wine and didn't mind the wait. After about 20mins, I went to the buffet to get some poppadoms, the only available starter. One waiter was trying to give me a tiny saucer which was half the size of a poppadom, which meant I would need to break the poppadom by hand right there at the buffet table bowl so the pieces can fit in the tiny plates. Hygiene rating instantly dropped to zero, but without making any comments I went back to my seat. When I was finished with my starter, I went back for the main course and was told off by another staff for picking up a new plate. There were just about 3 plates on the buffet table during service time where there were roughly 10++ waiting to be served. I explained that my old plate is already covered in poppadom sauce and that doesn't go well with curry sauce on top of it. I said that it's only right that guests use a separate plate for the starter and main course, but he was adamant that I should be using one as this is what they have been doing for years. The worst part of it was that he was apparently the manager of the restaurant! It definitely put me off my appetite. Having experienced such a bad service from the beginning, I hoped that the food was at least worth it, but it just got worse and worse. There was no variety as all the dishes were all chicken. All the curry dishes were dry and the meat were tough and tasteless. There were some other finger foods like chicken nuggets which were cold, tasteless and chewy! It was the worst customer service and worst food I've ever had in any restaurant. I am not a fussy person but I definitely know how to spot a good restaurant, and this place definitely isn't! Having worked in hospitality for years, I am appalled at the level of service of this place. The buffet was very cheap but I would have happily paid double the price for a more decent meal. The cheap price explains the quality - not a good value.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank curlytopadventures
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“try the chicken malai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a great place from the moment you walk in and until you exit you are looked after, we had the chicken malai which is chicken breast stuffed with layers of cheese and spinach marinated with authentic herbs and spices. Not too hot and very tasty

Visited October 2013